not a single sky italia channel is received on hotbird

makhmalak_79

Reaction score
hello everybody
i gotta 90 cm dish, twinhan vp 1020, progdvb 4.26, s2emu 1.06 and yankse 1.31 plug-ins.
the problem: when I scan hotbird not a single sky italia channel is found,
I manually updated my transponder list , but it was not helpful
I live in Meadle East (Iran), I don't know actually what's wrong with my system, is it my location? PC card? Progdvb? Plug-in? or something else.
Do you think I should change hotbird properties in Diseqc menu in progdvb(LOF1,LOF2,switch)?there are default values now.
should I use new versions of progDVB( though with newer versions the quality of screen picture decreases dramatically)? should I use another software and if so , other than MyTheatre what other software can i use with twinhan PC card?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Can you receive any other channels from Hotbird?

What sort of signal strength do you get?

makhmalak_79

Reaction score
channels like multivision,bbc prime,cine box,polsat ... are ok with 30% quality
but all sky italia channels and all tps channels like tps star,etc.( i think freq. 10911) have 60% level but 0% quality .

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, while I was looking at the footprint you posted, if you can get the wide beam, you should be able to receive the superwide, have you tried tweaking the dish slightly when scanning the Sky Italia frequencies?

xyntax

Reaction score
same problem here. icannot also recieve s*yitaly. my location is jeddah,ksa.

makhmalak_79

Reaction score
@ xyntax
what about TPS channels, can u receive them(TPS cinema,TPS star,...)?

xyntax

Reaction score
same with TPS channel, i cannot recieve them also.maybe the problem is our location.but if the footprint is accurate we should be able to recieve those channels.its very frustrating because s*ky &TPS is showing not so old movies according to some of our m8 here.