Not enough satellites :(

Memran

Reaction score
I have set up my motor and can get Astra 19.2E, Astra 28.3E, Eurobird 28.5E and Hotbird 13E. So far, every other satellite has given no signal quality, even though my receiver reports upto 70% signal.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me got more.

I'm using an 80cm dish, with a 0.6dB LNB.
My location is 53° 17' 59" N, 3° 47' 59" E
I have set the motor at 37° and the elevation of the dish to whatever gave good signal when the motor was pointing at 19.2E. (there is no scale on the dish).

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Seems like you need to adust your polarity one way or another!!

Idealy you should adjust your LNB by rotaing it while observing the quality level.... and ajusting for maximum....... not a good thing to do on a winters day...
Other than that you could try changing polarity for each transponder while watching in doors, to see if you get any increase.....
John

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If you're only receiving that part of the arch you will have to check the following.

1. Make sure the pole is vertical - I cannot stress how important this is as the dish moves in an arch and if the pole is not perfect you will miss part of it.

The elevation of the dish sounds about right as you are getting a few satellite positions.

2. Try and get 1 deg West (Thor Intelsat) this is around the centre of the arch.

3. Once you have Thor move to 28.2 and try and get the BBC FTA channels.

4. Got to 30 deg West (Hispasat) and check if you can get that.

5. You may have to adjust the dish slightly but once you can get 30 deg West to 28.2 deg East you've done it.

Excellent guide here by T24...

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=5471

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to reset your motor to zero and try and find 5E as a reference satellite, then you may have more chance of achieving the correct arc.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think you have not got the right transponder frequencies of other satellites in the memory of the receiver.

At the very least you should be getting good signals from 16 East - Try looking for the Georgian/BT transponder. Do not look for anything else until you have found this one

Memran

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Its been a while since I set it up initially, I've not had time to do anything to it at all! (deadlines to meet etc :()
I'll have another go soon :)