Not receiving CNN or BBC News...?

greengo

Stuck
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite & TV
Hello All,

I am using a Star Track World in BOX II + CI Rcvr and looking at hotbird.
I cannot receive BBC News or CNN international news.
I always get the message "SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE".
I updated my software on March 7th, 2005 and most of all the other fta channels work.
Any answers?
My friend has a different type of Rcvr and gets both of those channels no problem using the same Sat with a dual LNB of course I have tried his rcvr in my place and CNN & BBC work fine so it is not the LNB.
Maybe someone can help me out and provide me with the freq. & other info I need for this fix.

Also can anyone provide me with the codes for the remote control to access any / all special functions on the rcvr?

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks...

J.

gerrybee

Reaction score
Hi greengo,

You said you updated your software, therefore, I suppose that you used this: S841CI_$STK_20050226_AUCPCn.auc. Right?

This is what I'm using and there's no problem. I have everything that most people sought for.

If you've set the default keys once before, then you must download the latest softcamkeys and reenter whichever do not match.

Access code to protected menus is normally "0000" unless youve changed it before.

Good luck.

greengo said:
Hello All,

I am using a Star Track World in BOX II + CI Rcvr and looking at hotbird.
I cannot receive BBC News or CNN international news.
I always get the message "SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE".
I updated my software on March 7th, 2005 and most of all the other fta channels work.
Any answers?
My friend has a different type of Rcvr and gets both of those channels no problem using the same Sat with a dual LNB of course I have tried his rcvr in my place and CNN & BBC work fine so it is not the LNB.
Maybe someone can help me out and provide me with the freq. & other info I need for this fix.

Also can anyone provide me with the codes for the remote control to access any / all special functions on the rcvr?

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks...

J.

greengo

Stuck
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite & TV
Hey Gerry,

Thank you for your reply. The file name I have uploaded is - S841CI_$STK_A4870_20050226_AUCPCn.auc

versus the file name you referred to -
S841CI_$STK_20050226_AUCPCn.auc

did you forget to type in the "A4870" or do I have a different file name?

Also I am new to the satellite stuff and I am unsure as to what you mean by reentering the "softcam keys" and how do I go about doing that.

Please excuse me for being such a pain about this but i am literally stuck in the middle of nowhere and I am having to learn all of this from scratch.

Thanks,

J.