www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I usd to have a Dreambox 7000s but had to sell it as needed money to pay for my wedding day.

I miss being able to record TV onto a hdd for viewing later
I have a Sky sub with movies etc but no sport
I also have a Technomate 1500 ci+ which I am more than happy with
My Sky box is one of the early ones and is a bit knackered but still works okay if I can replace it with something else that'd be good.

I want to be able to watch all my channels that the Technomate has and Sky and be able to record anything I watch onto a hdd

Is the dreambox 500 the only cost efficient solution or is there something I don't know about that will let me get this done. I'm sure I can work out how to get the box to stream to my PC.

The only real reservation I have is the software on the 500 and the time it used to take for my 7000s to boot up.

Budget is £200 - £250

Thoughts please

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like you ought to buy your old receiver back. :)

If you want something which you can leave your Sky card in and for it to stay alive, then the dreambox is probably the best solution and the 7000 is still in my opinion the most stable. :)