Nothing on telly

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
There's nothing worth watching on UK TV. I have a freeview box, and I only watch Columbo on that, or Corrie.

On my sat dish, I have it on the French channels AB Sat...

I often watch Murder She Wrrote on TV Breizh. With French soundtrack. :D

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
I've just heard that West Bromwich Albion are to be televised on BBC Wales. .....if there was anything worth watching on the thousands of channels available via motor dish, sky and freeview no one would contribute to this forum. Joining satellites.co.uk gives meaning to spending hundreds on kit. You've just got to get it working, who cares about watching anything ?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
I disagree, although the amount of good content of FREE TV in the UK is poor, i would go as far as to say NOTHING is worth watching.

some good programs such as Heroes, Supernatural, CSI, Bones, without a trace, Law and order etc etc
i could go on..... there is actually a lot, the downside is there can be large gaps bewtween viewing times.
a PVR has become a must have item for me to fill the gaps.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
When U get used to having MANY programs to choose from then this problem is getting bigger and bigger:)

Today, using a toroid and a turbo Dreambox U will wake up to find that there is really NOTHING to watch.

All movies are bad or old or worthless.
Discovery is doing a re-send period.

News are always BAD

Music today is a boring thing (Yep, for me OK)

So I tend to watch less and less (is that possibel ? Less is less, what is lesser than less ???)

Now we are facing the summer, nature is reviving and so does we, ergo, even lesser programs to view.

Still You can choose:-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, it could be worse...imagine having to watch German TV...OMG!!

Having sampled TV al over the world I still think UK free tv is by far better than anything else I have come across.

supapete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC running ME XP SUSE.Mac G4 running OS X. Multi media studio. 80cmdish. Standard sky dish with quad lnb. 2xgrundig, panasonic dsb 31&50 televes 7245 dragon cam. card loader & card.Moteck 2100A motor
My Location
anglesey
I take one thing back:mad: The Baggies disgraced themselves big time.:-doh2 The rest of my post was tongue in cheek if it wasn't evident. A little effort spent recording gets us through our viewing o.k.:) regards P.S

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The olympic torch relay through London is turning out to be quite amusing.

jayko

XXX
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500+, DM800, CubeRevo HD, Sky UK HD x2, Viasat.
My Location
U.K
Get a dreambox, then see if that statement makes sense ;)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Get a dreambox, then see if that statement makes sense

i did and it does :)

i think the thing about UK TV, is that there is at least a couple of things worth watching everyday... however, if your thinking of couch pototo'ing (<- is that a word) its difficult to get a continous 3 hours viewing each night.

as i said earlier though, a PVR means before too long you are behind with your viewing habits and end up watching your own video on demand through the PVR, and playing catchup on your favourite series.

thats what ive ended up doing anyway... because i have many things series linked and i only watch TV for about 1-2 hours a night, meaning my hard drive is filling up fast LOL so i have to have a TV marathon every so often to catch up a bit :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The torch fiasco started here though, wedidn't get to extinguish it (the French take that accolade), and the US have - on the first day (odd that it made is to the West coast first from Europe) have made it disappear.

Tune in.