Nottingham Court Case - IPTV

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some errors in the facts.

Conman Terence O'Reilly, 53, of Turriff Road, Liverpool, was one man to flog such boxes, 1,200 in total, and today he was jailed for four years. He was found guilty of two charges of conspiracy to defraud after the first trial of its kind in the UK, held at Nottingham Crown Court.

Co-accused William O'Leary, 43, of Claricoates Drive, Coddington, had already admitted one charge of conspiracy to defraud. He was sentenced to two years, suspended for one year.

Conmen sold set-top boxes for illegal streaming of 3pm football

A

Archive7

How much does it cost to have a subscription to the Saturday 3pm football kickoff for individuals and for pubs and clubs?
IPTV video quality is no match to the HD quality (assuming a legal subscription does broadcast in HD).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can't buy the subscription for 3PMs in England from Sky or Virgin, the games are blocked top protect lower league attendances.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
How much does it cost to have a subscription to the Saturday 3pm football kickoff for individuals and for pubs and clubs?

Difficult to say, as apparently the subscription cost for Sky Sports (and as Rolf says, it specifically excludes the 3pm's) depends of the rateable value of the premises (amongst other factors). From what I've seen, it could be well into thousands of £..

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
did they finally declare it illegal to show foreign channels in the pub?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
did they finally declare it illegal to show foreign channels in the pub?
If it displays the Premier league logo that's on screen on euro marketplace games then yes, its copyright theft or some b.s.

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
So not a crime now then.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Crime = Breach of Criminal Law

Copyright comes under Civil Law.

It's still Law: Breach is still Illegal (ie Contrary to Law).

It's still Actionable.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
The on screen logos were introduced after that Karen Murphy case, helps them apply it to commercial premises really.

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
So not a crime now then.

Its very much a crime & several pubs have had big fines applied for breach of copyright / intellectual property with respect to the logo, and other on screen graphics

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Makes me wonder, if I wandered around in a city where there's a lot of cameras (stills, camcorders, phones and CCTV, maybe even TV cameras), and on a T-shirt I have a copyrighted design of my own, I should be able to sue anyone for copyright infringement if they used the footage for anything, using this law's logic, lucrative money making scheme there... :D

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Imagery taken in the public domain is , in this country, perfectly legal, with very few restrictions on what is captured, or where.

The police now use the same legislation to entitle them to retain body-cam content when on duty.

Photographers Rights: the ultimate guide | TechRadar

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Gazette link within, for an upcoming case in May (Mr Thompson) is interesting.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
whats the situation now, can a pub use a genuine card \ sub to show premier league matches?

im referring to the Karen Murphy case - sorry i thought this thread was referencing it.