Nova (Irdeto2) with Magic Module?

geokar

Reaction score
Hi all,

after a long waiting for any news about cracking Irdeto 2
I decided to buy an original Nova card that uses Irdeto 2 encryption. You see, I am from Greece and I am now working abroad, so I thought I could subscribe for the original card in order to be able to see all the Champions League and World Cup qualifiers games.

But anyway, enough with this, it is time for me to tell you my problem. The problem is that although I got the card I didn't have time to take the original Irdeto 2 module. Currently I have a Magic Module and I thought that the Nova Card could work with this module as well, but I guess I was fool enough to believe it would be so easy...

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way of making this configuration work (MM, with Nova card).

I want to apologise in advance for my limited technical knowledge on these issues and furthermore for my bad english.

Thanks in advance for your time...

P.S. My MM is loaded with Pentacrypt 1.09

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi geokar

My understanding of MM using Penta 1.09 is that will enable the following cards
to be used

Irdeto
Irdeto II
S*ca
S*ca II
NAGRA
VIACCESS
VIACCESS II
x-in-1 Fun (S*ca Irdeto Beta Viaccess Nagra)

SirCutBored

Reaction score
Hi from Australia!
We have only 1 paytv provider in Australia and they transmit in NDS (for cable) and IRDETO2 (for satellite).
The problem with the Magic Module, Matrix Reloaded and UCAS software is NOT that they have a problem with IRDETO2 broadcasts but with the new Irdeto ACS v4.1 SMARTCARDS that are used here for decrypting the service!
I assume that you probably have a smartcard of this type or similar.
The later Matrix Reloaded versions, e.g. 1.081, will just barely work (with occational halts and pixelization) so you COULD convert your Magic Module to Matrix Reloaded with a programmer like the CAS2.
Recent UCAS versions like 2.0.0.2 will recognise the card and decrypt but with picture breaks that vary from a few seconds to a few minutes and some complete lock-ups.
Forget the Penta/Tetra/Gamma software, it fails completely! (even the newest versions that are meant to work with the "new" Netherlands Irdeto2 cards - whatever ACS version they are)
I too would desire a proper solution to this dilemma as my UCAS is virtually useless here now!!
Anyone feel like writing a dedicated Irdeto2 cam software from the MM SDK which will work with all card versions?

P.S. The ACS v4 cards WILL work in just about any standard CI Irdeto Cam like v2.06b, v2.09 etc.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
have you tested the latest version -PentaCrypt 1.20 ?

Supported in this version:
Irdeto
Irdeto II
SECA
SECA II
NAGRA
VIACCESS
VIACCESS II
TPSCrypt
CONAX
x-in-1 Fun (Seca Irdeto Beta Viaccess Nagra)
DreamCrypt

New in this version

- No checks, no killers, no expiration, no nothing, just a safe version for all to enjoy
- Added support for DreamCrypt cards
- Fix for new Premiere S2 cards
- Fix for non-standard MECMs on Nagra providers 40/41 and 48/49

regards

Old Satellite