Novice needs a little guidance

greekgod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Scientific Atlantic Power VU receiver/Pace digital receiver for VIASAT/90 CM Dish
My Location
Norway
Hello to everyone, I think the forum and the site is great and full of practical information. My question is as follows. I have 2 receivers which I use currently. Once is a pace box for reception of viasat channels and the other one is a Scientific Atlantice Power VU box which I use on Hotbird. I am interested in purchasing (if needed) a receiver capable of receiving the Greek NOVA package on Hotbird. I will use an official card but not sure what receiver is needed. Is it possible to use my Power VU receiver with an Irdeto II CAM and official NOVA card? I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance for the support.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure if the powervu receiver will accept a conventional CAM, so you may need to buy another, possibly best to get one with embedded irdeto

greekgod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Scientific Atlantic Power VU receiver/Pace digital receiver for VIASAT/90 CM Dish
My Location
Norway
rolfw said:
Not sure if the powervu receiver will accept a conventional CAM, so you may need to buy another, possibly best to get one with embedded irdeto

Rolf,

Thanks for the reply:) So all I need to do is buy a receiver with an embedded irdeto cam, use the NOVA official card and I'll be good to go? Thanks in advance for the support. Nick

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
PowerVU receivers do not use CAM/Smartcard. The operator sends keys to directly to the receiver.

If you want to receive Nova you can either buy a receiver with irdeto2 embedded or a receiver with at least one CI slot and an irdeto2 cam.