now I`m stuck....

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
My PC is trying to open kev 1.64 with windows media player. Its a zipped file but how do you open it???

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Hold down the shift key and right click on the file you want to open, you will then get the option to open with--- eg. Notepad.

chris

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Why dont you download winzip?
http://www.winzip.com
it should automatically unzip the file for you when installed.

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
thank you gents....i have now downloaded winzip which has allowed me to unzip the file. Then I have held down shift and selected open with..... but now what. Which program should I use. Sorry if I`m a bit of a dummy but further help is appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-Jan-02 AT 07:47 PM (GMT)]If you are using Elvis David, you need to unzip the file to a folder, desktop will suffice, then open the files from your programmer program, MP6/7/8 if you're using a goldcard. Go to files/open and open the pic and the Eeprom.

Rolf

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
:-) Cheers all! Most helpful! Sorry to keep milking you for info. Due to my very poor knowledge on this subject the best I can offer in return is a cheap duvet!!!