now i'm really really p****d

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
hi,guy's,.....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(sorry had to get that off my chest)

got back at dinner to set new motor up, and lo and be bl**dy hold it looks like i'll have to alter the ******* wall bracket.
before i do please have a look at piccy (ive roughly set angle as far as i can according to booklet ie latitude), but i cannot see it looking like this surely,
you look at piccys, first mine second satsuperstore (if this is aimed at uk, carn't it give better representation pictures)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't panic yet, looks like you'll have to tilt it waaaay forward like the other pic. All motors are different, so read the motor setup booklet first.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
thnx for the calmness,
if u look at piccy's i would say, ive no choice

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It may look weird, but some motors need to be setup that way.

[Sorry, I posted that before you added the attachment.

I've got to go out now, but I'll have a look later this evening.]

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
I think the instructions are wrong...

If you look at the table, they say that at 5degrees latitude, you need to set the angle of elevation to 5.32.

If you look at the diagram on the opposite page, if you were to set the angle of mount to 5.32deg, then the main part of the motor would be almost vertical with the arm leaning forward. However, seeing as 0degrees latitude is the equator, then at 5deg latitude the satellites are almost vertically overhead, so using the setting they give your dish would be facing the south pole rather than the satellites!!

On the other hand, if you were to tilt the motor back so the angle of mount was 85deg, then the motor would be almost horizontal and the dish would be facing vertically upwards to where the satellites should be.

So I reckon the angle of mount = 90 - elevation angle.

Hope that makes sense!

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
cheers stu,
i'll look into it

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
no i think ive no choice but to alter, look at my old set up, the pole is leaning back so i would need same starting angle on motor so that it will follow clarke belt (i think) , having said that while i was doing the piccy's maybe your right( surely if i set the angle of the 36vmotor the same as the moteck, then adjust the angle of the dish, so it is the same as the moteck angle(dish), it will follow the same path, won't it

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
stu,
m8 u got me thinking, i'm off to do a bit of jiggery pokerybe back in half hour

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
bronking said:
no i think ive no choice but to alter, look at my old set up, the pole is leaning back so i would need same starting angle on motor so that it will follow clarke belt (i think) , having said that while i was doing the piccy's maybe your right( surely if i set the angle of the 36vmotor the same as the moteck, then adjust the angle of the dish, so it is the same as the moteck angle(dish), it will follow the same path, won't it

No, the elevation angle on the motor must be that for your latitude, if it isn't, then the arc will be well off.

Afraid it's a new bracket required:eek:, T&Ks probably the easiest.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
No, the elevation angle on the motor must be that for your latitude, if it isn't, then the arc will be well off.

Afraid it's a new bracket required:eek:, T&Ks probably the easiest.

Or maybe consider one of the Moteck motors, as its clamp arrangement puts it forward, rather than above the post.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Like the song

Theres a hole in the bucket :-rofl2

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
i'm absolutly amazed at the ammount of wit (or lack of it) by some people

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Channel Hopper said:
Or maybe consider one of the Moteck motors, as its clamp arrangement puts it forward, rather than above the post.

:-doh!, unfortunately that is the motor bronking is replacing CH. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes m8, I'm afraid the instructions are quite clear and quite correct :(

Your bracket unfortunately only appears to have a small standoff from the wall, maybe only 10". As has been said, with a DiSEqC motor you get an extra few inches clearance due to their construction.

It may be a bummer, but it is only a new set of brackets and you will have a tough looking setup when it's done :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
already on the case,sticks
just having a brew then i'll be up ladder painting bracket mk2 ready for tomorrow should be enough clearance now

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I must confess, I can't understand how the motor would turn the dish towards the arc. From looking at the angle that the shaft rotates it seems to me that the dish woul dbe turned downwards towards the floor to the left or right, where as if you look at the motek it is clear to see it would turn the dish to the left or right. I just can't get my head around this one.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
My Location
cheshire,algeria
T_G hi m8,
where youve drawn on 36v motor, the setup couldn't lean back any further where as now it can, i'll post piccy tomorrow when hopefully it's all setup
look at the yellow lines

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
The most important angle is the axis of the motor. The bent shaft is to enable easier bracketry for offset dishes, and does vary a bit from one make to another, so is not too reliable a method of measuring motor angle.

Looking at the pics, I would think, that the 36v motor is leaning back too far at the moment. :confused

Just a thought, you may need to invert the bracket on the back of the dish for an upward pointing shaft