Now What.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
The 1.8 C band dish is receiving signals from various sats doing a manual scan with the Dr HD meter but now its the mind blowing bit. I am trying to work out a way of avoiding a bunch of cables being run from the back garden to my den near the front of the house. Any ideas on running the setup over the network, wireless IR for the two V2 boxes and using the computer for receiver control. Otherwise its a few days of hard work running conduit and cables, plus I will have to drill yet another hole into the side of the house, best done when everyone is out.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What is the structure of the house foundations ?

Any airbricks ?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
What is the structure of the house foundations ?

Any airbricks ?
No air bricks near my den, may have to run the cables through the roof space and down again.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Isn't your den close to the stairs ?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
Isn't your den close to the stairs ?
Yes but not really any help. The weather looks good for the weekend so i am going to set up a receiver with 2 V boxes and monitor then do a scan and tweak. Just to see what I receive. Did a satellite view with the app on my tablet, over 70% have some/lots of trees in the way.

A

Archive-8

The 1.8 C band dish is receiving signals from various sats doing a manual scan with the Dr HD meter but now its the mind blowing bit. I am trying to work out a way of avoiding a bunch of cables being run from the back garden to my den near the front of the house. Any ideas on running the setup over the network, wireless IR for the two V2 boxes and using the computer for receiver control. Otherwise its a few days of hard work running conduit and cables, plus I will have to drill yet another hole into the side of the house, best done when everyone is out.

You can use the web interface of an enigma2 box to select a channel and then stream it via the network.