now you see it, now you don't!

jaxom

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an Echostar DSB 890 with am MR'd cam (1220). Everything, except cabo at the moment, works fine but if I leave the sat for a couple of days I find that the cam is not recognised and I have to physically take it out and put it back in the slot. Hey presto!
redface.gif
all is right with the world again. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix?

Regards Jaxom

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jaxom said:
Hi everyone,

I have an Echostar DSB 890 with am MR'd cam (1220). Everything, except cabo at the moment, works fine but if I leave the sat for a couple of days I find that the cam is not recognised and I have to physically take it out and put it back in the slot. Hey presto!
redface.gif
all is right with the world again. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix?

Regards Jaxom

Do you leave the receiver in standby mode or do you unplug it.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A lot of receivers are running close to their limits with these powerful new generation CAMs. Some have temporary issues with the connections and recognition (later Manhattans and earlier Echostars) wont initialise them at all (earlier Manhattans, Humax 5400 /Strong4400)

jaxom

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys. I turn the sat to standby which I think is the best thing. I guess I will just have to put up with it. The problem is that the cam fits so tightly I have to use a pair of pliers to pull it out! Thankfully it dosen't seem to cause any problems when loading the new firmware.

Regard
Jaxom