NTL Good or Bad!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Tonight I had a member of NTL's sales team on the phone slagging off BT and telling me how wonderful NTL is, as a compared package :rolleyes:
So what I have to ask: Does anyone on here use NTL and if so how good are they? i.e customer support etc. Can their top box be tampered with to receive the full $ky package :D OR should I stick to BT.......I wait with interest to read your post's :cool: O-Ha ;) O-no :D :confused :-ohmy :( :mad: :-righton U-zzz :-cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look on Modshack WR, what I would say though is the quality of picture is not as good as Sky and the service continuity is not totally reliable, at least not down in my area.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Do you have the link for modshack Rolfw?.......I have heard that people get problems with the NTL services, trouble is if I switch over to them they want me to sign a years contract!.........HOLY MOLY the Czechs have just scored again :D......looks like Germany will be getting a Lufthansa flight home soon :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I saw a couple of posts somewhere where they were referred to as NT Hell but don't have any experience of them myself. I think maybe they were referring to the broadband service. I don't like cable TV because it's a bit too restricted to what they want to offer.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
@ Jimbo well the they have the option of a top box which the full $ky package can be subscribed to.........as with cable TV I think it is hackerble :D just need some info before I make a decision

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I may be wrong, but I believe the Modshack link is in Nobbly's. ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Cheers Rolfw I shall endeaver to take a peak m8 :)

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello WR

I don't have any experience of NTL as a cable supplier, but have as a DialUP ISP/Telephone supplier.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole in that connection.

V/poor Customer Service.

Constant Disconnections.

Weeks on end without a full service.

In the end I gave up with them.

Regards

W. Hole

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
w hole said:
Hello WR

I don't have any experience of NTL as a cable supplier, but have as a DialUP ISP/Telephone supplier.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole in that connection.

V/poor Customer Service.

Constant Disconnections.

Weeks on end without a full service.

In the end I gave up with them.

Regards

W. Hole

So the recent BT ads were true then! thanks for the advice.....I will take notice ;)

Jonny Vegas

Reaction score
after having the tv package along with the phone and bb have to say find another way, the tv package works more expensive than sky and you get alot of lock-up but then i get that with my bb aswell :( and i never use the phone and yet my phone bill goes up every month...But im lazy and 2 years down the line still using them :( must be mad

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks Johny Vegas....... I think you have just driven the last nail into the coffin m8!