NTV on 36 degrees East Dish Size?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Been checking out the required dish size for the Russian NTV package on Eutelsat W4 36E. From looking at the footprints it would appear that the uk is well outside the footprint and I would be interested if anyone has put a dish on it and if so what sort of signal strength to dish size they are receiving.

Thanks

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How big is your gardern

In SW London, I can receive transponders for NTV on the 3.6m but only just on the threshold for detection and viewing on a very cold morning

After 10am the signal disappears, even with refridgeration of the dish panels

When it comes to extremes of reception on a DBS satellite, such as Bonum, its not the footprint EIRP that matters, as this is usually a prelaunch figure for the use of promotion, but the other smaller details, that are directly linked with frequency and error correction at the uplnik and downlink sites.

Atmospherics (moisture and temperature), space anomalies (sun bursts, satellite performance on the particular transponder, and ground segment effects, whether the LNB is having a good day, same with the tuner of the receiver, all have an effect.

This is real DXing of microwave signals

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks C.H., thought that might have been the case from the footprints and it obviously rules it out of the equation.

PS your Avatar is still missing..

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Avatar - Id love to send that was given to me in the PC as an avatar, but Im not intelligent enough to designate it as a URL (whatever that means).

Any help would be appreciated

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have you got your own web space? If you have then just upload it to there, if not mail the graphic to me or include it as an attachment, I'll then upload it to my space and I'll send you the correct URL for it

I'm not sure whether it's possible to upload it to the forum space, if it is then I'll let you know.

Rolf