Nubie Q. How Do i get french Speaking Chan. Freq

A

Acuum

OK. I know how to add channels but i can't work out where to find the frequencies.

I have a Sky Digibox, and i want to add as many French-speaking channels as possible to improve my spoken French. Is this possible? And where can i find them???

With Thanks
Tony (Acuum)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Without moving your dish Tony, you won't find anything in French, have a look on http://www.lyngsat.com and look at 19.2E there are several french channels on that satellite.

Rolf

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes Tony, but that's the same with any system, the 28.2 satellite is not really too good for anything other than Sky, although thaere are afew other channels on there. If you're looking for French channels, get yourself an 80cm dish and a second hand analogue receiver and point at 5W , there are all of the terrestrial French channels there.

Rolf

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
It's not widely known, but EuroNews on Sky transmits with several different language soundtracks including French. So you can watch the news in French for free (it won't even cost you a € !). To watch it in French on your Digibox, you need to go into the System Setup menu, select the Language and Subtitles option and set the default language to French. Other channels that only transmit a single language soundtrack will still be in English, Punjabi or whatever.

Rumour has it that TV5, a 'best of' French language TV station, will be joining Sky, so watch this space.