Null Modem Cable For Humax Problem

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bearing in mind these cables have to be configured in the way specified on the Humax website I deliberately bought one that was advertised as for Humax recievers from Brymar Satellite. And guess what? Every time I try to load the official Humax software onto the reciever from my laptop I get a Comm Port Error(2) which says it cant access the com port. Its driving me mad:mad:

I did everything the way Humax said I should. I wonder if its the cable to blame. The reciever is a CI5100 by the way.

Can I post this in the computer forum aswell or is that not allowed?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Its one of those subjects which crosses borders Goffy, what is your PC operating system, it may be a baud rate problem. In Windows XP you can change it from the Devices panel in System.

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am running Windows98 on a laptop(IBM Thinkpad). The loader software downloaded from Humaxs site has facilities for changing baud rate from a drop down menu with about five choices. So you select your comm port, then your baud rate then open the software upgrade file ont the loader and in theory it should work.

So you reckon if the baud rate is set wrong it would give me a message saying it cant connect with the comms port? The error message did say to check the comms port but nothing about baud rates.:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it might do Goffy, if the baud rate is incorrect it cannot communicate. Also, Lapotops are notorious for problems with communication, have you got a Desktop that you can try?

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I only have a desktop at work Rolph, unfortunately. That would mean having to take the reciever into the office and theres no tv in there to connect it to in order to check for on screen messages.

I will try again using each of the baud choices in turn and see if I get lucky. If that doesnt work I guess I will have to do it at work with just the LED display on the front which should indicate when it is safe to power off.

shad1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite&Computer softwares
My Location
Talagang Pakistan
I have My Supermax 6000 CI Plus I want to up grade I dont know about Data Cable Conection plese send me information how i up grade my Supermax 6000 Plus Super Ci With Software What is Software ver?

email address taken out, not allowed - Admin