Number of users on Newcamd

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
I have a Dreambox 7000 and two 500s sharing a card with Newcamd 5.28. When I try to add a fourth user in the config file everything stops. Am I limited to 3 users?

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
what card is it? nds cards have a 4/5/6 user limit depending on your card, its not a bandwidth restriction of your internet connection, its more of a the card cant pull that many threads at same time cus its crap :). I heard there is some ecmslowdown thing, but no one admits to havin that.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Yes it's N*S. It appears the problem was with the fourth Dreambox. It is not logging on. I have noticed that when you run ./cardserver.dream all the specified users on the server must be connected or it won't clear any of them. Once the network is up and running you don't have to have them all connected, just when starting the card server.
I have all four Dreamboxes connected and clearing on three, but the fourth still won't log on. I think it is a problem local to the fourth dreambox because the server asks it to log on but its not. It is puzzling because it is configured the same as the others and I can FTP ok. I will re-flash an start from stratch on the fourth, I am sure it is just something small I have overlooked.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Forgot to 755 the Var/Bin files. All four boxes working fine.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Butterbox said:
Forgot to 755 the Var/Bin files. All four boxes working fine.

:-doh! this NEVER happened to me ever :rolleyes: