nylon cogs for the 90 cm Fibo motor.

rawruss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 7800
My Location
North west London
Hi does anyone know a company in the UK where i can buy the nylon cogs for the 90 Cm fiblo motor.

I did find a company in germany that sold then. But what with bank charges etc etc it will cost about £20.00 pounds just for the bank charges all because they wont accept a easy payment ie like paypal or normal debit cards.

If this is the only way. I supposed i will have to bite the bullet. but i would rather find a cheaper way if possible.

Anyone can help with details on this would be great.

Russ

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
rawruss said:
Hi does anyone know a company in the UK where i can buy the nylon cogs for the 90 Cm fiblo motor. Russ

Hi Russ

Don't know any company with spares, but I do have a few spares, including nylon pinions and might be persuaded to part with one to a deserving cause. :)

What is wrong with yours, is it just general wear and tear, or has the dowel deformed the slot.

PM me

John

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystarcard,Fortec's life time ultra's, MaxPlus 2100's,Dreambox and a Tandberg
My Location
Amsterdam
Rus

I can help you for all parts of all models from it.
Only i'am not in the UK i'am in Amsterdam The Netherlands

Ron

paulh1966

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
dreambox 500s
humax 5400
90cm gregorian dish motor knacked
My Location
uk
Hi,
I have the same trouble my motor has gone on my fibo 90cm dish the dish has moved right over to the west and when i try and move the dish back to the east its moving a bit then drops down back the the west ? does anyone know what it could be ?.

best regards
paulh1966

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
paulh1966 said:
Hi,
I have the same trouble my motor has gone on my fibo 90cm dish the dish has moved right over to the west and when i try and move the dish back to the east its moving a bit then drops down back the the west ? does anyone know what it could be ?.

best regards
paulh1966

had simular issues, went one way but kept trying to go back but wouldn't.

The long bit of SS 10mm dowl that runs through the motor pivot point, thats held in but a scrole pin, had surface corrossion, removed cleaned and refitted, now ok

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
no problem,with my h to h mount from jager,since now over 7 years on fibo 90 cm works like on the first day

the reason that not many people acepts paypal,in german speaking area is,that is first 2 expensice,2,is it not secure,like paypal promize to there costomors,i often read reports ,that people send money,the seller,sends the goods out,that are some problems with,mostly stolen credit cards,and then paypal takes back mony from the acount,you have no good and paypal hold back your money

normal bank to bank transfer in germany esasely on onlinebanks are free of charge in europe,or only 20 cent per transfer,so there is no use to use paypal:)

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
paulh1966 said:
Hi,

best regards
paulh1966

Hi
From the symptons, it is most probably some broken teeth on the nylon pinion, it may be a broken 3mm drive pin in the motor shaft or a damaged pinion where the drive pin engages. There are other possibilities but these are the most likely. You will need to take the motor off to find the actual cause.
Be sure to secure the dish before taking the motor out, they can damage the dish if it hits the mount. )(-red

I think that the biggest single fault of the Fibo mount is the lack of any hard wired limit swithes. The motor has enough torque to break the pinions and/or the drive pin, if accidentally overdriven, this is usually the cause of damage to them.

Attachments

• Pinion-br2.JPG
    Pinion-br2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Pinion-br3.JPG
    Pinion-br3.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Pinion-sh.JPG
    Pinion-sh.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 60

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Amsterdam
Its also posible to send a closed envelope with the Euro's inside.
I have send last time 2 of that parts to the UK in a small carton box for +/- 30 Euro's total

I can let make it from a special metal# but must make 20 peices minium.

# No coper but same color '

Sorry my bad English

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Mids, UK
Snuffer said:
I can let make it from a special metal# but must make 20 peices minium.

I think it would be better to get pinions made from 'nylon' or 'delryn' or similar. I think the origionals are actually 'Delryn' :)

The nylon pinion acts as a safety device at the moment, if you make metal pinions this increases the chances of damaging the internals of the motor, or breaking off the diecast teeth on the quadrant, a worse result. Would also probably be noisier.

The nylon pinions are good enough for the job, unless overdriven.

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Amsterdam
Thats 100% correct

i will see what is the price if i let make it from Delrin or Teflon.