oatcakes wot u ona bout!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Pov, not really supposed to advertise on the forum, but why don't you include a picture of your oatcakes, so that everyone can see what they are like. We probably have a few members up in that area, but can you post them for those of us who don't live nearby?

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Shame on you rolf,you dont know what a oatcake looks like...then join the club...visit the site and sign the guestbook...we are bound to get some free samples....brian

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Povey,is it too late to book a stand at Mediacast 2003,with a sandwich at 3.95 and a bag of crisps at 1.50 a coke at 1.70, your oatcakes would go down a bomb at 50p each

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmmm, thinking of those hawaiian girls already. ;) Well that and the taste of deliciously light oatcakes. :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's a good idea Brian, Pov, can you make it down to Docklands for the show, as CH says, there is always a demand for reasonable priced and tasty food there.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Yes,and it is only 5 grand for a 4 square metre display:rolleyes:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The site could do with some spell corrections, methord and temperture stick out a bit.

Bring some down to the show, selling them to the public may however get you kicked out.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I love oatcakes.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Next time Pov comes online I'll get him to send me some, they certainly sound good.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Pov, will they survive the postal system?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I can see some exceedingly square objects, are these the oatcakes ?

Cubist cooks would be proud

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Everytime it rains here in Spain my tv screen is covered in oatcakes............come on,lets have some pictures.......

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
hello you guys,

i have made a new website (www.poveysoatcakes.com ),
there are pictures, what we do, the history of poveys oatcakes and you can order a few dozen online with fast next day delivery (shipped around the world by courier). its been a while i hope nobody has for got about us oatcake fans in the potteries.

yours pov.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK Pov, done the deed, have ordered some for the rest of the family, as the postage is a bit prohibitive for small orders. What's the shelf life of the cakes, can there not be a slightly cheaper postage option?

PS Good to hear from you. :)

If they make it to me by Tuesday morning, I will pass some on to Jimbo and Tirosh to try. :)

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I have tasted them oatcakes.............i'd sooner eat the shelf..............even the box they came in had more currents in it.Even the Queen on the stamp was wincing.........how can so many top class ingredients taste like that!...........send me by return of post a photograph of 2 dozen of your finest oatcakes and i will send you a photo of a cheque in full payment....................................

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Got them this morning thanks Pov, absolutely delicious. :)

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Oatcakes, oatmeal....

No thanks :)