Obstacle Calculation

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl wondering does this formula " R = DxTAN A " works precisely to locate the best site for the dish when comes to objects block a clear view to satellite such as big trees , higher buildings , This formula applied only when the dish on the ground level , but what about if the dish is on the top of a building lower than the obstacle objects , how to use the formula .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreciated .

cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Don't know of a formula but you will see dishes in apparently blocked line of sight - this is due to the way offset dishes work as you will see from the diagram I have just drawn.

Have seen then on the back of houses looking like they point straight at the roof.

If you want a motorised system you will have to have a South facing wall with a good clear view of the Southern sky..

H

Happy-Buddah

If you are on a roof, this is then the equivalent of your "ground level", anything below your roof level will not have any effect.
H-B

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands