Octagon 1008 Turns on and nothing

paulmax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
somewhere
I have a Octagon 1008 ture on and nothing.Push the botton on the front of the box twice.Numbers flash quickly then the red led come on. Then nothing
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
help please

paulmax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
somewhere
hi been serach the net all weekend.i got the fault code for 1008 1018. i think my fault is software. is there any one in the uk can repair the sofware please its sound like the u-boot or loader i think thats what its call is missing can any one help pls.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Paul

Firstly you do not mention the model of the stb which does not help with getting a response from people unless you are referring to the SF 1008, it is however not a common machine and as you have discovered support appears to be very thin on the ground. There is a German site that supports them but you will have to use google translate to convert to English

-http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://octagon.gmc.to/&ei=CM3nS_uyJ4Hu0gT8_aHPBg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsupport%2Bfor%2BOctagon%2B1008%26hl%3Den

paulmax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
somewhere
hi topper thanks for getting back to me.the stb is an octagon sf1008. i have been on the german site thay dont seem to care. on one site there 9 people with faults with there boxes and they had no replys. i believe i got a software pro. and every site i been on are turning a blind eye it. who knows how to fix this. any idear please its doing my head in lol