Official Subscription

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
If you go to www.canalplus.nl it says 19.99 euro's a voor. Is that 19.99 euros a month to subscribe to canal digital. If that is the case it makes it just under £13 per month. Which is well worth it.

Can someone please confirm this. Are Canal rood & blauw part of the package.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well looking at that page Shahid, there isn't mch information, but if you look at this page it gives you the whole package http://www.canaldigitaal.nl/ http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/canaldigitaal.shtml

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
price is a special offer available for a limited period for what they call the "Canal+pakket" (includes C+rood & blauw & the widescreen C16/9 but not premium channels such as Discovery, Nat.Geo., etc.). It excludes once-off connection fees and a 5 euros per month decoder rental.

The ONLY thing it offers beyond what you get on standard cable in NL is the C+rood & blauw & widescreen. And more than 80% of the country has cable, at a price of typically 8 to 10 euros per month.

The C+ website is very unclear (deliberately obtuse?) on what's in which packages, and that is indicative in my view of the way the whole organisation is run. They are very customer-unfriendly.

2old

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Strange but true:

Being consumer unfriendly hasn't done old Rupe any harm so far.

Regards

W.H.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Even Rupe could learn a thing or two from Wil Moerer (head of C+NL)...
Maybe there's a secret school somewhere that trains these people.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
So to clarify, is it impossible fpr me to subscribe to one of their pacakges?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
you hadn't asked that yet, but without knowing where you live it's impossible to answer. Canal+NL will only register subscriptions on Dutch addresses.
2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-May-02 AT 03:51 AM (GMT)]>you hadn't asked that yet, but without knowing where you
>live it's impossible to answer. Canal+NL will only register
>subscriptions on Dutch addresses.
>2old

I am a UK resident. I want to subscibe to Canal +Packket package. 19.99 euros per month.
How do I go about this.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
As I wrote, they only sell subscriptions to Dutch residents. So in telling me you're UK resident, you've just answered the question. You can't subscribe.
But the goldwafer solution is good 'till year-end (then they switch to Mediaguard-II) and for the basic stuff (including Ned1/2/3, RTL4/5, SBS6, Net5, V8, C+Rood & C+blauw, but not Discover, Studio, C16:9, etc) they will transmit under Irdeto for up to 2 years more. And there's a wafer solution for that too.
2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
What does this mean?

IRDETO-OVERSTAPACTIE
CANALDIGITAAL telt op het ogenblik rond de 10.000 CANAL+ abonnees die gebruik maken van een oude Irdeto satellietontvanger. Om deze groep te stimuleren bij de overstap naar het nieuwe systeem Mediaguard/Mediahighway (SECA), hebben CANALDIGITAAL en Strong Nederland B.V. een overstapactie opgezet. In fase één van deze operatie worden alle CANAL+ abonnees benaderd met een aantrekkelijk overstapaanbod. Trouwe CANAL+ abonnees krijgen bij de overstap een extra voordeel. Waaronder het CANAL+ 16/9 breedbeeldkanaal.

Naast de 10.000 CANAL+ abonnees op het oude systeem, zijn er nog 160.000 CANALDIGITAAL-abonnees die uitsluitend het beperkte aanbod kunnen ontvangen. Ook deze groep zal benaderd worden met een aantrekkelijke overstapaanbieding van Strong en CANALDIGITAAL.

Heeft u nog een oude Irdeto satellietontvanger en wilt u ook genieten van het EXTRA AANBOD van CANALDIGITAAL, ga dan naar www.overstapactie.nl voor uitgebreide informatie over deze unieke actie.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
It's describing an offer Canal+NL is making to the people still watching under Irdeto (160,000 with the non-subscription package Ned1/etc, and 10,000 with the Canal+ sucbscription). They want to close Irdeto (but are prevented from doing so by earlier commitments) and so want to encourage as many people as possible to move across from Irdeto to Mediaguard. The text you quote does not describe what the actual offer is.

Why are you so interested in the Dutch channels?

2old

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London UK
The reasons are

1) Canal Rood/Blaw show UK football.
2) Hardcore XXX films are not dubbed and sre left in english audio.
3) Shows such as Ricky lake, Jerry springer are on.
4) Latest films are also shown.

The price for a years package looks much cheaper the SKYdigital.