Offline Download???

Milad_ran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
tehran
hi
can anybody give me a site or a group for offline download by dvb card???:confused

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Milad_ran said:
hi
can anybody give me a site or a group for offline download by dvb card???:confused

Hi,

We had a similar request last week from your location.
The bottom line is that you need to subscribe to an internet service provider like Europe on line and need a local ISP.
If websites are blocked in your area, then this might not be of much use.
Which websites are blocked in your location?
What kind of data are you looking for?
Here is the link for the other request:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s-internet-satellite/126100-dvb-pci-card.html

Milad_ran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
tehran
thanks for reply.
it isnt matter that i want what kind of data...
i just looking for a group _http://forum.free-offline.com like this for public offline download./

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I am still not with you.
Why do you need satellite internet for download instead of the usual dl through your ISP?

T

thedavid

HB13DISH said:
I am still not with you.
Why do you need satellite internet for download instead of the usual dl through your ISP?

He means offline downloading. You don't subscribe to any ISP. Instead, you use a dvb card and software to grab data that other people are downloading by satellite.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
thedavid said:
He means offline downloading. You don't subscribe to any ISP. Instead, you use a dvb card and software to grab data that other people are downloading by satellite.

Can you give me an example?
Which software is used? Be careful, if it is warez, don't give any links.
The only thing similar to what you describe is Casablanca. Not sure if it is still available.

T

thedavid

HB13DISH said:
Can you give me an example?
Which software is used? Be careful, if it is warez, don't give any links.
The only thing similar to what you describe is Casablanca. Not sure if it is still available.

Skygrabber with dish pointing to Eutelsat W3A.

7E OpenSky 11262/H/27500

Be warned, you will be downloading gigabytes of mature content images.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thanks. :)
Any on Hot Bird 13E?

T

thedavid

HB13DISH said:
Any on Hot Bird 13E?

Providers on 13E (Not sure if these as open or scrambled):

Teleborsa 12539 H 27500
British Telecom 10723 H 27500
Bolsa 12092 H 27500
OpenMux 12578 H 27500

I forgot to mention that you can filter the data into videos, images, documents, archives, etc. And you can filter out data such as images if you don't want them. Also, you can make custom filters.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
thedavid said:
Providers on 13E (Not sure if these as open or scrambled):

Teleborsa 12539 H 27500
British Telecom 10723 H 27500
Bolsa 12092 H 27500
OpenMux 12578 H 27500

I forgot to mention that you can filter the data into videos, images, documents, archives, etc. And you can filter out data such as images if you don't want them. Also, you can make custom filters.

Will try with the Skygrabber 15 days evaluation.
Should be interesting.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
OK. Installed Skygrabber, card is recognized, tried all the providers in the list for Hot Bird 13E, but there are no files to download.
Looks rather useless so far.
Am I doing something wrong? or these providers on this satellite aren't popular enough?
If I understand correctly, I am supposed to dl files that others downloaded using satellite internet.
As I have ADSL and can dl files by going to websites that have them, then what is the added benefit to this method?

T

thedavid

HB13DISH said:
OK. Installed Skygrabber, card is recognized, tried all the providers in the list for Hot Bird 13E, but there are no files to download.
Looks rather useless so far.
Am I doing something wrong? or these providers on this satellite aren't popular enough?
If I understand correctly, I am supposed to dl files that others downloaded using satellite internet.
As I have ADSL and can dl files by going to websites that have them, then what is the added benefit to this method?

The files come in and are written to the program directory named "Ok". Try grabbing with all the filters enabled first until you get a provider that works. You should see the downloads' progress in the program window.

The benefit is that you can download files and nobody can find out that you have downloaded them.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thanks for the info. :)

Still no files are shown from ALL providers listed for HB 13E
I even added few but nothing seems to help.
Can you please check if you can see any files from any provider on Hot Bird 13E and which one?
This way I will know if there is something wrong with my system.

Any other Applications apart from those mentioned above?

T

thedavid

HB13DISH said:
Thanks for the info. :)

Still no files are shown from ALL providers listed for HB 13E
I even added few but nothing seems to help.
Can you please check if you can see any files from any provider on Hot Bird 13E and which one?
This way I will know if there is something wrong with my system.

Any other Applications apart from those mentioned above?

I've never tried it on 13E only 7E. My dish is currently fixed on 7E.

You might want to try another software like Skynet.

Skygrabber has some problems. For example, if you download a large file, it stops at 99% completed and then deletes the file after timeout.

And it seems to not download videos unless also downloading images at the same time.

ivannavi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2
My Location
Macedonia
hello can anyone help me with my skynet? i started provider on eutelsat w3a skydsl/cabledsl. the speed is around 3 mb but can't start downloading and (ip err) is red. is this error because i don't use the right pid???

bizhanas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tevii s650, Evolution & ...
My Location
Kabul, Afghanistan
thedavid said:
I've never tried it on 13E only 7E. My dish is currently fixed on 7E.

You might want to try another software like Skynet.

Skygrabber has some problems. For example, if you download a large file, it stops at 99% completed and then deletes the file after timeout.

And it seems to not download videos unless also downloading images at the same time.

Hi sir,

tnx for info, just wanted to make sure, is it possible to browse the internet with offline dowloading or does it help your current slow dial up/GPRS connection for download?

I saw a netcafe nearby who is doing it right now, he claims that this help him in making his wireless internet stronger, is it true?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No hes talking rubbish.

Its perfectly possible to have internet via satellite but its tends to be expensive. You can have one way with reurn via phone line or two way with everything done via satellite.

It cant be used to make wireless coverage better though.