Relook 400S
Pace DS810XE
IPBox9000HD
Triax 90cm motorised
Offset 90cm polarmount
My Location
Norway
Hi
I just get Philips offset dish 90cm polarmount full package with Philips positioner and Philips feedhorn. I want to use it as a replacment of my 90cm TRIAX with motor (motor gone). Have few question about this package.
1. My positioner does not have connection to LNB to translate 36V to DiseqC just 5 wires to connect motor. Does VBox2 will do the job? (have IPBOX9000HD) if not what is the solution?
2.Is there any HD box which can work with this dish without positioner. I mean with vbox or something bildin ?
3. If I want to instal LNB with 4 outs which one will you recomend?
4. Does the offset dish will have better signal quality that my old dish?
Thank for help

davjen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000Ip Viaccess, Fibo 90cm Motorised Dish,
Invacom C120 LNB,
T/Rex.
My Location
Devon
Sounds like you may have a Fibo (Philips) 90cm, offst dish - like mine.
If so, did it come with the 36v motor? Most modern receivers have Diseq control and you may need a V Box to enable control. Not sure about this myself as I have always had a receiver with 36v motor control. At present I am using a Topfield TF5000CIP which works well with my dish set up.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The Gloabl Invacom QDF-031 quad universal works very well on the Fibo gregorians. Also, it doesn't suffer the disadvantage that the Inverto C120s have, you can't get zero skew on them, as the LNB hits the LNB arm.

Yes, the dish will outperform the 90cm Triax.

More info needed on your motor, by positioner? do you mean motor. The standard Fibo one is 36V with an optical sensor used to track the position. The optical sensor requires a 5V power supply, which your V-box will need to supply.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Robbo said:
The Gloabl Invacom QDF-031 quad universal works very well on the Fibo gregorians. Also, it doesn't suffer the disadvantage that the Inverto C120s have, you can't get zero skew on them, as the LNB hits the LNB arm.

The Inverto can be used 'inverto' on the Fibo dish, as long as the cables are tied closely to the bodywork, there is no 'shadow' on the reflector surfaces.

Yezus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Relook 200S
Relook 400S
Pace DS810XE
IPBox9000HD
Triax 90cm motorised
Offset 90cm polarmount
My Location
Norway
Hi
Thank for help.
Motor I mean that small box connected to move dish. Positioner in my opinion is that box which you have to connect to the motor to give power or move it by pressing buttons on the remote control.
The point is that my positioner does not have in/out for LNB, just for motor or sensor. I think package I have got is old and was designed for analog sat without diseqc control.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ah, right, surely though if you get a V-box you don't need the positioner then, just connect a V-box with the approriate capabilities to the motor. Just make sure you get one with the 5V o/p to power the optical sensor. The 36V power lines are the same as any other 36V motor.

Ya mean upside down CH?:-rofl2

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yezus said:
Hi
Thank for help.
Motor I mean that small box connected to move dish. Positioner in my opinion is that box which you have to connect to the motor to give power or move it by pressing buttons on the remote control.
The point is that my positioner does not have in/out for LNB, just for motor or sensor. I think package I have got is old and was designed for analog sat without diseqc control.

You have two options - control your motor with the existing positioner via its RC, or as Robbo said, get a v-box with a 5V supply for the motor's optical sensor to do the job. An HD receiver if you are buying one will have the appropriate Diseqc control for the v-box.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
You need a v-box2 it has the 5v connection, but you need one compatible with your ipbox9000 to be able to use the motor via diseqc. There are complaints about some vbox not working well with that receiver, it's a programing diseqc bug with the receiver i have no idea if it was fixed. I think, not sure, it was the motek vbox that had issues with that receivers diseqc. Search the forum on this subject, there are other brands around that should work.
I hope that bug got fixed, i haven't been around much lately so this could be wrong now.
Best of luck.

Yezus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Relook 200S
Relook 400S
Pace DS810XE
IPBox9000HD
Triax 90cm motorised
Offset 90cm polarmount
My Location
Norway
Thanks all for help.
Now I have to find VBox and instal dish.
I will report the results.
THX

Yezus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Relook 200S
Relook 400S
Pace DS810XE
IPBox9000HD
Triax 90cm motorised
Offset 90cm polarmount
My Location
Norway
Hi
Does anyone knows how to reset Philips 36V positioner box.
Have stupid readings. On east it goes up to 479 which is around 50 degrees (scale is 60 both sides) to west it goes up to 0 and this is around 25 degrees on the scale. I does not want to move more.
Can I find manuals for this old box? Have no name or model number, number from remote control shows page with remotes.
Anyone have such a box?
Thanks for help.