offset bracket

howard

Reaction score
I'm trying to get astra and hotbird using an offset bracket. Got it fixed on But if I'm stood in front of the dish should the astra lnb be in the right or left ?
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well howard, if you're stood in front of the dish looking at the dish face, the Astra LNB will be the one on the left, ideally with the secondary focus, Hotbird bing the right hand one with ideally primary focus.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
But then if its a gregorian dish !!!!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'd give you pretty long odds that it isn't :)

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-Feb-02 AT 05:57 PM (GMT)]The Gregorian has an opposing sub-reflector, so the LNBs face in the opposite direction. they are generally considered to have better performance characteristics and are found a lot on the continent.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are other threads on this board that relate to the toridal antenna, these are similar in design with two reflectors allowing a wider spread of the signal across the arc.

Seems to have gone down in popularity these last few weeks