Offset dish, analog to digital

lejizz

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have at the moment a pace mss500 series (508e if i remember) I also have a channelmaster 1.2 offset dish a 0.8 Appllo digital single output universal LNB 795-1060, 10.700-11.900 Lo band & 11.700 -12.750 Hi band with with a skyscan motor that I bought 14 years ago with my first system. all is working fine on analog apart from (2).

In 1998 I got sky digi and connected to my 1.2 dish, but could not get a watchable signal on either 28 or 19 deg east even with tweeking the LNB. I am in the North of England, and reception is good using the 1.2 m dish.

(1)I have just bought a TECHNOMATE TM-5500CI AND MATRIX RELOADED CAM
(yet to arrive). I am also buying a new 0.6 LNB
Question is, will this setup work with the offset dish as it is, or will I still have the prob that I did with the skybox?

(2) I also have a prob with my positioning of satellites, I keep getting "out of limits" and "motor failure" (even tho there is'nt). I was told by my local sat shop ( not there now) that it is simply the pace mss 500 series PSU that cannot handle the positioners and that a new more powerfull PSU will cure it. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Lejizz

x.gif
leftLine_16x3.gif
x.gif

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You would need to advise which motor is on the dish. If its as old as the Skyscan unit then it could be a 24V design or even a potentiometer type, in which case its not suitable for use with the Pace, and could damage the new digital box

As for no luck with the Skybox, you would have a better idea when the new LNB is on the system as to why it couldnt receive enything. My thoughts are the stability of the Apollo LNB may be in question

lejizz

Reaction score
Hi, i have had a look on google to try find info on the motor which is a skyscan model A1. Tis was originaly bought for my skyscan sat system in 1988-9 and then upgraded to a uniden system and then the pace one. all worked fine till about a year ago, when the dish started to have a mind of its own, but worked fine on the pace for 6 years until then.

Could i continue to use the pace to position the dish, and view from the technomate?

Thanks
lejizz

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If it ran from a Uniden positioner then the motor is likely to be a reed type after all

Probably the contacts inside the sensor have just got too corroded, or the magnet no longer has the strength to open/close on time.

Yes you can continue to use the Pace and watch the results on the Techno, but since the Techno has the positioner circuit built in, all you would be doing is using additional electricity

Replace the reedswitch and put the MSS in the garage

lejizz

Reaction score
Yes you can continue to use the Pace and watch the results on the Techno, but since the Techno has the positioner circuit built in, all you would be doing is using additional electricity

Replace the reedswitch and put the MSS in the garage
There is no connerctors at the back of this reciever to connect the motor

Reedswitch cost me £2 in the from of a burglar alarm sensor.. Positioner is 100% up to now i owe u a beer!:-beer

Thanks again :-righton