Oh all this stuff

rbartlett

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
newbury
Hi chaps

Looking to get a set up to give me the PL Football and F1. I guess I will need a 1m motorised dish set up. (are clear dishes any good?)

I have a potential space available but not sure if it would be pointing in the right direction (southish) .I would love to ask more questions but I simply haven't a Scooby what to ask!

So if anyone can advise and possibly assist on the setup I would be really appreciative
Not sure if this is relevant but I live in Newbury Berkshire with a budget of around 500 max installed.

cheers

Richard

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I suspect a Subscription to a provider for PL Football will more than eat your budget!

F1 for free can be obtained on RTL (German) and ORF (Austrian) from Astra 1 at 19.2E, which requires only a small dish.

rbartlett

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
newbury
Tivù said:
I suspect a Subscription to a provider for PL Football will more than eat your budget!

F1 for free can be obtained on RTL (German) and ORF (Austrian) from Astra 1 at 19.2E, which requires only a small dish.
Yes I have no intention of buying sky as it's something I vowed against long ago.. I understand it is available via European satellites hence the motorised requirement

ps sorry about the thread title it went a bit wrong somewhere :-)

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
"Clear" dishes only go as large as 85cm mate and perform more like a Triax TD78 than they do a good 80cm. A good 80cm and a cheap motor and a DIY install would make the most of your budget to start off with.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
rbartlett said:
Yes I have no intention of buying sky as it's something I vowed against long ago.. I understand it is available via European satellites hence the motorised requirement

ps sorry about the thread title it went a bit wrong somewhere :-)

I wasn't referring to a BSkyB Sub but to any Sub from any provider. They are not cheap! And English Audio is hard to come by these days, too.

There is no method for accessing it free of charge that can be discussed on this Forum.

PS: I've tinkered with the Topic Title for you.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Anybody I advise on EPL coverage I tell them to forget English audio to be honest.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
That said I've used overseas subs cards for over ten years and have never paid any where near what $ky ask for a years subs, catch more games than they idiots have ever shown to, they only have the rights to 140 La Liga games for a start.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
i get ad sports at 7 w on my 1mtr dish atm for the f1, bigger the better ;-)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Lucky boy: In-and-out marginal on a 1.1m oop North.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
ive not checked it at all times on the 1mtr tivu but I can now swop to the 1.2 and I know that will handle it pal ;-)

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
also I find it strange here 7W my usuals seem fine hitting a wide scope but here I have to swap to 1.2 and fine tune on the 1mtr ?