Oh my God! What have I done???

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
LOL. Look, I know I'm being silly. The fact is my new brick shed is 7 feet high (crazy I know) but the problem is I don't have a ladder to see if I can try to get up. I have a great idea where to put the dish, but having no ladder...well...you see my point. I could put the pole on the north facing wall and get up to it from the side...I think it would be quite easy. Sorry for getting in a state, but I was very tired from sorting out my new workshop/storage area and it was a shock to the system seeing the size of that dish. WOAH! Didn't expect that. Anyhoo, it's back to ye olde drawing board to regroup and plan. :) I may be down....but by no means out!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The forum is always here for moral support or for ideas sane & crazy

Whatever problems you have its almost certain someone will have been there before (probably Vipersan!) :D and can offer help

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Thanks AS! Yeah a little moral support would be good right now :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Does the brick shed have a flat roof?

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
@Tony1A dont rush into choosing an installer, do your homework as there are some awful ones around. put out some feelers on here to see if there is anyone close to you who can help you with it.. be it enthusiast or proffesional

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
AS! It does have a flat roof...but it's angled slighty down at the back to allow water to run into the gutter. Gibertini! That's good advice. I'll have a look. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Maybe a none penetrating roof mount ?

Then you would still need to borrow some ladders but it would be much easier to install than one on a pole hanging off the side of the shed.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The problem with NPRMs is that they are bloody expensive!

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Yeah they are, Jack! Eye-watering prices! Anyhoo, been trying to contact installers but not having much luck as yet! One I spoke to had been doing them until 6 months ago. Dammit!

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
I have come to a decision. If nobody installs my gibby where I want it, I'll install it on the small shed....but I'm certain I will lose some sats to the east. A shame, but what can you do? By the way guys I live in a bungalow but it does not have a south facing wall!

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
You can always concrete a scaffold pole in the ground and this way you can reach the full arc

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
I could get a hefty portion of the arc if it was on my brick shed :) Pole in the ground is not an option I'm sorry to say.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Tony, do you have dishpointer on your phone? It will give you some ideas of what arc you'll get. What would your arcs be in both locations? Shame you aren't closer to me. I would have gladly helped you out otherwise.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
No I don't have a fancy I-phone. But I know what sats I will get!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It's available on Androids as well. Which sats will you get?