Oh My God, What Have I Done

brewby

Reaction score
:eek: I decided this afternoon to do my first ever firmware update on my Interstar 8005 DSR 2CI Premium. with nervous trepidation i got it set up downloaded the new software, borrowed my sons portable tv (sonot upsetting she who must etc) rebooted receiver and absolutley nothing on screen (black) now panicking I did it again followed the instructions (again nothing on screen 3 flat lines on box). Have I killed my new box!!! Then for some unkown reason I fiddled with the scart plug on the tv, got a rolling picture of setup screen changed the scart lead, BINGO all is well (thanks to inspired guess work) Retuned now getting TPS & Polsat. Got to work all night on other sats now.
I'm going for a cup of tea and a sit down now.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
brewby said:
I'm going for a cup of tea and a sit down now.

What have you done?

You've done well - it's a pint you deserve!

Bet you had a fright or two...

brewby

Reaction score
A fright or two is an understatement, I had visions of going to my local sat shop with head hanging in disgrace! LOL. Still all's well that ends well. heh-heh

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
brewby said:
A fright or two is an understatement, I had visions of going to my local sat shop with head hanging in disgrace! LOL. Still all's well that ends well. heh-heh

Point is, you came to tell everyone and hopefully they won't panic when they do the same.

Happy viewing...

walker_179

Reaction score
hi i have the same reciever,and need to upgrade it.where can i pick up new firm ware for it?

many thanks

brewby

Reaction score
Walker 179
All you need at www.satexperts.net its Turkish and you need to register. My updates so far have been spot on. And there is a regular supply.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I'll add that one to the s/w thread Im running :)