Old analogue system to digital

Alan Westy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old analogue set up
My Location
Cheshire
I have an old (about 6 years) analogue dish (80cm) with twin LNB's for hotbird and astra 19deg and am considering buying a Lemon 020 digital box to explore digital satellite.

Will the existing dish and LNB's mean I can just connect the Lemon box and away I go or wil I need to change the LNB's and secondly I note that most digital boxes only have an inpuit for 1 LNB so how does that work with a twin LNB set up as I have two leads coming into the house, one from each LNB.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just add a 2 way diseqC switch, near the dish would be best, it combines both LNBs, which can then be selected in the receiver setup menu, switching will then be automatic.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Alan - you need to check that the lnb's are "universal" type. If they are the old "enhanced" type you will be missing half the channels as you wont get the high band.

Alan Westy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old analogue set up
My Location
Cheshire
Thanks for the prompt replies, I think I will just go ahead and by the Lemon box and see how I go.

Alan Westy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old analogue set up
My Location
Cheshire
How can I check if the lnb's are unviversla or enhanced

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can either look at them and see if they have Universal written on them, they may also have it expressed in other ways, but write whatever is on them down and we'll tell you, or the other way is to connect the digital receiver and see if they work. :)

If the system is only 6 years old, they are likely to be universal LNBs.