Old Sat hobbyist Returns, What Can I Do?

SatNewb

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I used to be into all the satellite scene but have been out of the loop now for a long time :(

I was just wondering if anybody knew what I would be able to do with a few gold cards, couple of silver cards and a VX Multi Programmer.

I have an Aston 1.05 cam and a Viaccess cam, not sure on the revision though yet, need to check.

I cam program the DS9 silver files to my silver card no problem but I don't have an all-in-one cam and as far as I know these wont work on a standard Aston cam will they?

I've been looking at the dragon cam as they seem to be the hot new toy in the scene at the moment, anything I should consider about them? Anything new on the horizon in the next few months or anything?

Also, does anybody have a listing for the channels that a specific provider can offer? I've lost all my old sat links and my memory is almost blank it's been that long :(

Anyway cheers guys and sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I thought because I was asking about programming my old cards it was more suitable.

Nick

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
SatNewb said:
Hi everyone!

I used to be into all the satellite scene but have been out of the loop now for a long time :(

I was just wondering if anybody knew what I would be able to do with a few gold cards, couple of silver cards and a VX Multi Programmer.

I have an Aston 1.05 cam and a Viaccess cam, not sure on the revision though yet, need to check.

I cam program the DS9 silver files to my silver card no problem but I don't have an all-in-one cam and as far as I know these wont work on a standard Aston cam will they?

I've been looking at the dragon cam as they seem to be the hot new toy in the scene at the moment, anything I should consider about them? Anything new on the horizon in the next few months or anything?

Also, does anybody have a listing for the channels that a specific provider can offer? I've lost all my old sat links and my memory is almost blank it's been that long :(

Anyway cheers guys and sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I thought because I was asking about programming my old cards it was more suitable.

Nick
Hi Nick
You could consider getting a Fun card which would be suitable for the VX Multi.
Files are available for Funcards which you can use in your Aston Cam.
Alternatively buy an 'all in one' programmer such as the phoenix USB programmer and a Titanium card to give you more choice of files to program.

Seethis link for channels:-

http://www.lyngsat.com/index.html

mrmoose

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi

I'd been out for a while as well took me a good month or so to get mey head round things

I upgraded from a dual lnb to a motorised dish.
Using a Pheonix prog
Two Blue TIT cards and one 7 in 1 fun card
Use Conax files for Kiosk
Seca files for S** I*****
fun card for TPS and Multivision to update cam, I'm using an Xcam
put pheonix prog into pheonix mode for TIT files leave it in USB for fun files
use banana loader to load hex and epp and you are away

bets of luck