Old sat

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
I would like to move my 1.2 dish to 5degr. east, i have a compass

and once i get there i then put the channels in my receiver from Sirius can you keep me right. The big prob is finding Sirius and downloading the channels. I hope i have explained it right.

thank you Oldsat

regards mikeey

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
hi,

To be able to help Mikeey, we need some additional information

Do you have a fixed or motorised dish ?

what make of dish do you have?

What satellites do you currnetly recieve?

What is your reciever ?

what type of lnb do you have

have you checked with your compass that you have clear line of site to 5.0 east ?

Regards

Old Satellite

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Thanks Old Sat for your help,

her is the imfothat you require.

1.fixed dish

2.19 and 13 derg.

3.RSD receiver made in Stirling.

4.Universal lnb.

good to have you here as some of us would be lost with out you.

all the very best

mikeey

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Hi Mikeey,

Are you looking to recieve 5.O East plus your current 13.0 and 19.0 east ?

Do you currnetly have two lnb on your dish ? one set for Astra at 19 East and one for Eutelsat at 13.0 East ?

what channels are you looking to recieve from 5.0 east ?

Which make and model of dish do you have?

regards

Old Satellite

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Hi Old Sat sorry for not giving all the details,my mind sometimes it works overtime.
Anyway it is a Channel master with the 3 prongs i have one of the lnbs on the side it is a 1.2 metre dish and the programs i would like is tv.1000 and what we received with the d2mac all the tv3 D.S and norway. I hope i have explained right this time as it can be a bit confusing for me there are so many changes going on just now.

thank you Old Sat for your time and help.

regards mikeey

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
If i understand correctly do you have a single or two lnbs on your dish? or do you move and re-align your dish when you select between 13.0 east and 19.2 east ?.

do you have the standard Channel master fixed mount or a ploar mount ?

do you already also have a d2mac reciever ?
and how would you like to connect and recieve the d2mac signals ?

regards

Old Satellite

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Yes Old sat i have 2 lnbs on my dish and i have a fixed mount.

I have a d2mac,but i want to receive digital signals not analouge signals,sorry if i have not explained myself properly that is a fault of mine. My digital box is an RDS. Hope i am right this time or i will land at the bottom of the class.

Thank you for being so patient with me.

regards mikeey

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Ok

Some final questions and then we can work on your request, do you want to receive all three satellites at the same time? or are you prepared and willing to move the dish mount each time you want to watch channels on 5.0 east?

For refernace Mikeey the D2 MAC is actually Analogue, the sound is digital however, the wording Mac actually means Muiltiplexed analogue component.

What area of the uk are you in ? Has all of the d2 MAC channels that remain on 5.0 east are on the northern Nordic beam and a 1.2 mtr will stuggle to recieve them in many areas of the UK.

check out the link below for futher review of channels

http://www.lyngsat.com/sirius.shtml

Old Satellite

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Old Sat i do not want any of the D2mac channels i only want Digital channels. I have now got 3 lnbs now,ihave 2 going at the moment on 19 degrs and 13 degrs east as you said and is correct.

I wonder can you tell me how to do this so i can receive 5degrs east and then once i have done that,then i can download the channels that i want on 5 degrs east. i dont want to keep shifting my dish and i live in Glen Coe whitch is near Fort William.

I no you are trying your best for me Old SAT and i no you need all the imfo to help you, so that you can help me.

I dont no what Channel Hopper thinks of me trying to explain this setup i bet he has a laugh, but he is a good guy and has a nice turn of pharse, i like his jokes, its the way you say them.

Anyway Old Sat i thank you for time you have taken with me i hope i am not a pest to you.

take care

and thank you.

regards mikeey

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I beleive I understand your goal, however with a 1.2 this is not a practical option, A vast majoirty of the channels you require are on the Nordic beam and these signals at your location need a much larger dish.

The size of the dish required for continued reception in poor weather at your laoction is a 1.8 mtr or larger

It may be possibly to recieve some nordic transponder signals, but this as a minimum would require your dish to be fixed on sirius. and not with a mutliple arm for offset LNB focus points, and even then it would mostly likely be only in perfect conditions.

If you are still interested in the European Sirius footprint signals ?as on 11766 H, then please advise further.

sorry for the bad news

Regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since Mikeey is I believe on a park bench in Scotland then the 1.2m antenna may actually be suitable (albeit at the minimum size) for 5E Nordic beam channels

One customer I have in East London manages to get most of the signals from 5E almost all the time from one of these dishes. Pound for pound they do seem to have a better reception characteristic than a lot of pressed steel dishes of 1.4 or larger.

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Thanks C H for the imfo,it is just as well we have you to keep us right in the uk.You see there are not many people like you going about in this land of ours,and that is encluding Tony Blair and the rest of his mob, some one who is honest and nos the time of day.
I hope that some day you will go in to politics and give our people
a good deal, that would be nice,"hope so". My bench is painted the hoops colour green and white and i should all my freinds what you said, they think the same as me that you are some one
special.

thank you for keeping me right

and god bless you

mikeey

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Green and white ?

Are you a lepricorn ?