old sky analogue system

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
yep! its that question again. half the threads in this section seem to be about this but none quite answer what I am specifically wondering so forgive me for asking it again.

is there anything worth watching with the old sky analogue box and standard size dish? encrypted or FTA, sport, mature content etc?

i`ve got one in the shed and was considering brushing the dust off it!!

absoluteb

Reaction score
My Location
London
Hi,

If you visit www.analoguesat.co.uk you will find lists of analogue programmes from various satellites that can be received in Europe. www.lyngsat.com should also have useful information.

From the Astra 1 satellites, from which analogue Sky was broadcast, at 19.2 degrees east you can receive Eurosport, CNN, Bloomberg, CNBC Europe, along with many German channels, including one sports channel and four music channels, all for free, and if you happen to be a fan of Formula 1, as I remember, RTL show all weekend sessions, unlike ITV (you can also skip over at adverts during the race).

I’m not to sure about other satellites, you’ll have to check them out, but considering the above is free, I don’t think that’s bad at all.

Lech

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
thanks for the link, i spotted these on the thread lower down the page but i`m afraid its all a bit mumbo jumbo to me.

is there any encrypted stuff there thats worth looking at or is that all on digi now?

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
Originally posted by bigrandydavid
thanks for the link, i spotted these on the thread lower down the page but i`m afraid its all a bit mumbo jumbo to me.

is there any encrypted stuff there thats worth looking at or is that all on digi now?

the most of the old analogue d2mac channels have more or less converted to digital now but there might be some left.

I know that the german pay-channel "Premiere Analog" still broadcasts on Astra 19.2E.

expat2

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
now and then in Italy
Why the german do not talk english?....................on 19°

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Germans prefer to dub everything into their native tongue, and territorial rights prevent another subcarrier/audio PID from being simulcast

Apart from English programmes shown on Arte and 3Sat where you might be lucky to see the original programme with German subtitles

2cac4sure

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Newcastle.
It's always worth checking DSF for delayed coverage of Premier league footy. It's usually whatever game is on the premiership+ channel. Sometimes you'll catch the goals at about 5:30 on Saturday afternoons.

R

robbins1940

I checked how many stations were still in analogue a few weeks ago.

Between Turksat at 42 east and Hispasat at 30 west there are 173 tv and radio channels left(i haven't checked for feeds btw).

Only 8 d2-mac stations are left, 3 on Sirius and 5 on Thor.

David