• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Old sky Dish

blackcat2

I have got an old sat. dish ( used for sky )

can i connect it to my receiver using the Diseqc 2 switcher ( in the house ?)

I have installed single LNB for hotbird 13 D East.
will i be able to get Astra 2 ?

What else do i need ..What is an A/b switch ? will it switch automatically or is it a manual switch ??
pls help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
A little more information would be helpful, what receiver are you using, does the dish have a universal LNB, do you already have another dish setup and where is it pointing?

twag42

My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
your switch isnt much good with a single LNB. easiest and probably cheapest option would be to get a motor,then you'll be able to pick up several satellites. The other option is a monoblock LNB this you could get hotbird and astra 1(19.2e) with. you could add the extra LNB holder to receive astra2.This is not a good choice as you would also need a larger dish,there isnt much on astra2 thats worth watching unless you have SKY. The A/B switch is operated via the remote,used for switching from A-satellite to B-satellite.

TWAG

blackcat2

Thanks for your reply m8's.

I am currently receiving channels from Hotbird 13 D east.
Connected to a Samsung 8500civ. Using the Dragon, could get some european channels.
Since Astra 2 have more english channels i decided to connect my other (unused dish - checked it was Astra 2/3/4 100% sig.strength)

will get a DiSeqc-2 switch soon ( do i also need a 22mgh tone switch as well ?)
what LNB setting (Up/low)
LNB type
DiSEqc mode (A,B,C,Tone Burst A / B do i need to set if i dont know the type .
How do i add another setting for Astra 2 in the receiver? many stupid questions i guess...but i want to do it right the FIRST TIME ( if possible).
Many Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
If you can receive all of the channels on Astra 2, then it must have a Universal LNB, a standard 2 way DiseqC switch will suffice. Receiver set to A/B, you can set up a second satellite in the LNB menu of most receivers, but it may be under a different menu on yours.