Old Sky Italia card, would OScam read the F.T.V. channels it has access to?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
As per the title, just testing out my old card and it clears quite a few channels of interest in a Sky Italia box obviously but what about in a Linux receiver? A no go?

A

Archive7

As per the title, just testing out my old card and it clears quite a few channels of interest in a Sky Italia box obviously but what about in a Linux receiver? A no go?
Which channels does it clear in your Sky Italia box please?
I have a card that expired and would like to see if my card can open them as well.
As far as I know, OSCAM doesn't work with Sky Italia card.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
RAI 4 HD is one, English Audio on some programs, Criminal Minds was on last night, my card was a pre paid one from about 4-5 years ago now.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
No I don't think so but will check when I come back from my daughter's dancing, also I noticed no Canale 5 on the Sky box listings at all, is this a Mediasat/terrestrial exclusive these days? DMAX HD was another one that cleared I remember by the way.

John Pykett

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish setup: 80cm Motorized Dish, TM-5402 HD M3. This setup goes from 1w to 28.2e

My computer setup: AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.10 GHz processor and 8GB of ram. Graphics Card is NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
My Location
Hucknall, United Kingdom
just one question related to this subject, how are you getting sky italia in the uk?

A

Archive7

just one question related to this subject, how are you getting sky italia in the uk?
I bought a Sky Italia HD receiver and a subscription box from TV Corner (in France) few years ago.
If you look in the Classified section, there is an offer for the box by yours truly.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
And a hell of a lot more than Freesat - FTA, FTV (like the subject of this thread) and subscription.
There certainly is, looks like my floating shelf idea is going to need to be upgraded to a 100-120cm shelf for space for the Italia box and some other toys[emoji4] [emoji106]

A

Archive7

There certainly is, looks like my floating shelf idea is going to need to be upgraded to a 100-120cm shelf for space for the Italia box and some other toys[emoji4] [emoji106]
I have three Ikea TV Stand tables 130cm x 60cm each with 65cm height put together in series along the side of the sitting room wall.
I put two large loudspeakers on both sides, LED TV in the middle, several satellite receivers, Blu-Ray drive, VHS recorder and other gadgets all accessible easily without bending my knees or my back.
I thought at the time that I would have plenty of space, but there is always something new to put there.

Attachments

• IKEA-2007-D.pdf
    243 KB · Views: 8

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I have three Ikea TV Stand tables 130cm x 60cm each with 65cm height put together in series along the side of the sitting room wall.
I put two large loudspeakers on both sides, LED TV in the middle, several satellite receivers, Blu-Ray drive, VHS recorder and other gadgets all accessible easily without bending my knees or my back.
I thought at the time that I would have plenty of space, but there is always something new to put there.
Well I'm scared of "cooking" anything by putting any piece of equipment on top of another. I don't want any T.V. units returning as my daughter who is 2 runs about at high speed so its to dangerous to have edges/corners in a fall path.

A

Archive7

Well I'm scared of "cooking" anything by putting any piece of equipment on top of another. I don't want any T.V. units returning as my daughter who is 2 runs about at high speed so its to dangerous to have edges/corners in a fall path.
I don't think I explained the setup well. There are absolutely no equipments on top of each other.
All I have are three tables next to each other total length 3.9m and each device sits on the tables on their own.
Think of it like a long lab bench.
Very stable and no danger to children.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Thanks I downloaded the PDF, seen the unit in question, that's a good idea mate. I did like the look of some of their combination wall units for AV stuff but the over price to "build" up the whole setup was just to bloody expensive. Did you try your Italia card mate?

A

Archive7

Thanks I downloaded the PDF, seen the unit in question, that's a good idea mate. I did like the look of some of their combination wall units for AV stuff but the over price to "build" up the whole setup was just to bloody expensive. Did you try your Italia card mate?
The units were quite cheap in 2007. I am not sure about the currency shown in the pdf file. Maybe in Swedish Kroner?
But compared to the mutishelves option, it is a more practical solution for me, without bending my knees and getting backache.
I didn't have time to check the Sky Italia box and card. I think I will give it a miss because the box doesn't support PVR, which is the reason I never bought another subscription.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Yes that's right mate, I think the PVR enabled Italia boxes require a monthly sub's card rather than prepaid one like me and yourself had/have.