old stuff ?

cardoctorlv31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fta dss
My Location
usa
help
hello everyone i live in the us and i was hopeing someone here would tell me if i can use any of this old stuff i have , ( zenith videocipher plus 500 ,a scientific atlanta sa bmac ,also a 12ft older mesh dish with 3 lnbs one is a echostar lnb 0950-1b ,, a huston tracker ,, and a hughes ku band rf head ? write now i am useing a pansat 2500a with 4 18" dish's and dish 2700 w/atmega on a dish 500 ,can i get anything more or better with any of this old stuff ???

i live in las vegas nevada , i dont no anything about the old stuff i have or if i can use it ? or if it is worth hanging on to ?

thank you !

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Depends where you live, how many satellite orbital slots are available from your location, their footprints, and the channels they have on them.

The USA is quite a big colony (sorry, country)

cardoctorlv31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fta dss
My Location
usa
i live in las vegas nevada , i dont no anything about the old stuff i have or if i can use it ? or if it is worth hanging on to ?

cardoctorlv31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fta dss
My Location
usa
cardoctorlv31 said:
help
hello everyone i live in the us and i was hopeing someone here would tell me if i can use any of this old stuff i have , ( zenith videocipher plus 500 ,a scientific atlanta sa bmac ,also a 12ft older mesh dish with 3 lnbs one is a echostar lnb 0950-1b ,, a huston tracker ,, and a hughes ku band rf head ? write now i am useing a pansat 2500a with 4 18" dish's and dish 2700 w/atmega on a dish 500 ,can i get anything more or better with any of this old stuff ???

thank you !

is there anyone who can help ?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No doubt you can use the 12ft. dish for C-band reception, but I thought B-Mac went out with the introduction of digital transmissions (at least over here in Europe).
Same with the various flavours of Videocipher.

Llew

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
there is little programing left on c-band (network feeds mostly).
b-mac is still used by some of the sports books (hors races)
the dish is o-k ,hughs only made comercial equipment in that vintage
most likely left over head end stuff.
'boxnut'
ps: any q's , call the carburetor doctor in vegas