Old timer needs system help please.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
OK, step-by-step
- download DCC on your PC and connect to your Enigma2 box;
- go to FTP tab and copy to PC file named settings from etc/enigma2 folder (green underlined). View attachment 133506
Open DCC again and in the same file replace all lines starting config.nims (in red block) with previously save to PC.
- go to telnet tab in DCC View attachment 133507 , enter killall -9 enigma2 and klick Enter. Box will reboot with new settings.
hey boys - i know this an old thread...but something should be cleared up (apologies if i have missed something)

but this WILL NOT WORK if Enigma2 is still "awake" when you do the pasting \ copying the new "settings" file over.

this is what you have to do using TELNET or an APP such as VU+ control centre (by Lee Hudson) :

Kill Engima (on new image \ box) by running:
INIT 4 (stops E2 allowing file editing / copying)

now copy your good settings into your new current blank settings file - or simply copy over your old settings file (if same box and compatible image)

once this is done, restart your box by running:

INIT 6 (full reboot)

Your tuner settings will now be there, failing to do it this way, you wont have your settings available. (i know i tried following above, then it dawned on me why it wasnt working)

PS the same is true for TIMERS.XML (your timers if you want to copy them over)

FYI some useful TELNET Commands for E2:

init 1 =stops E2 and network

init 3 =wakes E2 from a sleeping state / GUI restart

init 4 =kills E2 / puts enigma into sleep mode allowing you to edit or modify files

init 6 =full E2reboot

Last edited: