Omnikey HELP

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 hd clone, Windows 7 Pc
My Location
Glasgow
Newbie help required trying to setup Omnikey 3121 as instructions in Q&A not sure if instructions now out of date?
I have down loaded and Ftp 4 files to tmp folder
but when Telnet to install first file ( ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk )

I get the following message (ldconfig: Cant open configeration file /ect/ld.so.conf: no such file or directory)Not sure if I can just create this directory as am new to linux
frown.gif

If anyone knows a different way to install this cardreader please let me know????
Posted this on another forum but no help to my question.

Have a DM800hd clone sim2.1 ssl76c Dream Elite 133dv3 Phoenix with Newcs 1.67 and CCcam 2.1.4

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 &DM88HD & humax5400z&
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
first what card are you going to use with the omnikey card reader . secound why you are using the newcs 1.67

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
getting worried thought no one would help phew. I have a white sly card but to be honest dont know if it has any benifit as I think get most things through FTA Astra 28.2E, second in the install instructions said I would need newcs 1.67 with cccam 2.1.4 and to edit these although not sure how to do that yet?
I have flashed a new image Gemini 5.1 to see if I can now install the 4 files but same issue no ld.so.conf in /ect/
If you know of a simple way to install this smartcard read I would be happy to try as I said perhaps the instructions are a little out of date now.
I would use internal reader but card gets vvvvvery hot

thanks for the reply

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
ok about the internal reader and card gets vvvvvery hot i dont know i have been using my card in internal reader and never had any problem .
for sky white card you can use it with cccam 2.13 or above no need for newcs to read the card ant more . or you can use oscam . for the omnikey i havent mange to get it working with the Gemini image but i got it working fine with Dream Elite image you need to install the drivers for the omnikey which you will find in the file attached
-http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-support-forum/187119-how-install-omnikey-oe1-6-image-kernel-db-800hd.html#post965473
if you still have any problem let me know and i will try to help you.

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
thanks heaps for the information:must have been old drivers and instructions on Q&A : Install a dual cam to your box in this case cccam2.1.2/newcs1.67
Now as the Omnikey is a pcsc driven reader you need to replace the newcs_167 file in /usr/bin with the one below
Newcs pcsc file.

I will try this driver later and let you know how I get on, still trying out different images to see what I like might go back to Dream Elite Phoenix seems best so far.
Just one question about the above, in cccam 2.13 do I only have to edit the boxkey for my sly box??? again many thanks for the help, still much to learn I have.

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
i have not use cccam2.1.2/newcs1.67 before and i think it will not update your card for the sky card i have used cccam and cccam/oscam and they both work fine
omnikey wont work with just cccam then if you want to use it you will have to use cccam2.1.2/newcs1.67 or cccam/oscam .

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
hi again : yes from what i have read the card will not update with omnikey so i have decided not to use it. i have re flashed the box with Gemini 5.1 and installed cccam2.1.4 complete with the intention of using the internal reader as the card would appear to be a lot cooler with this install? my problem now is how to set up or edit the cam??? have checked the forum and it says that the config files should be in CCcam.cfg - /etc ( E2 boxes ) but as yet am unable to find this to enter the boxkey, guess i better start checking to see what i have done wrong!!! awell it passes the time.

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
okay i need a little push in the right direction here, i now have a dm800hd clone with Gemini 5.1 cccam 2.2.1 full installed and have found and installed cccam config file from Gemini. i can now open the config file through ftp but how and what do i edit???????? getting a nose bleed just looking at it lol. if someone has a sample of what it should look like for using with the internal cardreader with a white sly card or point me in the right direction would be very grateful. this dm800 is like getting a new mobile phone without any instruction, just keep pressing buttons to find out what happens!

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
If you have your white card in your internal reader then you should be able to view your channels as long as you are sure CCcam is running? You will not be able to view any premium channels until you enter you boxkey into the CCcam.cfg
So to recap, if your not already able to view Sly 1 etc without doing any editing, then something is wrong.

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
thanks for the info as you say cant see sky 1 but my problem is how to edit the cam I ftp the cam config file and sat for about 10min with my mouth open.
the config file seems rather large.

so not sure what to edit or if I only have to put in boxkey for card to work.

moridark_back1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
zone2 & 1.5m dish
My Location
oxfordshire
all what you need is to inter the boxkey in the cccam.cfg file for the card to work ,have a look in here and you will find evrey thing you need
_http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/127718-tutorial-cccam-card-sharing.html

rrsmith21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
sorry for the delay but not been able to play with my dm800 due to work: but good news have now got it working okay with internal card reader simple when you get info or are pointed in the right direction.
I am over the moon as they say and can only thank everyone who helped me out, keep up the good work

A

Anonymous-A

The Omnikey reader will update your entitlements but you need a NewCs server running and an MGCamd client. Theres some good solid information here if you use the search bar and search Omnikey on this site. I would put the link up but I'm accessing this page by my phone!