On the arc?

The Soulman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+/Grundig decoder. Technomate TMS1500 ci+/1 metre Gibertini Aluminium dish/Smart Titanium .02 LNB/Moteck SG-2100A,1.2 DiSEqC,USALS motor,all wired in Webro WF100 cable.
My Location
Blackburn,Lancashire,England
Ok guys, I today re-set my mates recently wind battered motorised dish (Technomate 1500 ci+ Super/Moteck 1.2 motor) using Thor 1 degree West,tightened everything up with readings steady at 97% level and 82% quality,have sent the dish 30 degrees West (Maximum allowed before coming into contact with the wall) and 30 degrees East and am getting between 94/97% Level and 76/83% quality,however over 30 degrees East (Hellasat 2/Turksat1C/Europestar1) the level and quality strength are down into the single figures,would it be fair to assume that at 30 degrees in either direction from Thor 1 and with signal level/quality as mentioned that I'm on the arc with this dish? and if so what could be the cause of the absecence of similar level/quailty strengths once over 30 degrees East? Regards, The Soulman. P.S. The installed satellite list is default/factory supplied.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In view of the fact that many sats are quite powerful youmay have one of the following scenarios

The Soulman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+/Grundig decoder. Technomate TMS1500 ci+/1 metre Gibertini Aluminium dish/Smart Titanium .02 LNB/Moteck SG-2100A,1.2 DiSEqC,USALS motor,all wired in Webro WF100 cable.
My Location
Blackburn,Lancashire,England
Topper said:
In view of the fact that many sats are quite powerful youmay have one of the following scenarios
I used a satellite
meter (Allbeit not an expensive one) to gain the maximum signal strength before I locked everything up,I used the same satellite and method to set my (Identical) system up and have not suffered any signal strength problems and get good signal strength at either side of the arc,could it be something other that what you have suggested? anyone else with any ideas? Regards,The Soulman.