One card - Two Digi Boxes (1 at a time)?

J

Jem

I have two digiboxes in different rooms and I want to be able to watch sky in both rooms. I don't want to watch sky in both at the same time (I can only be in one room at a time), but I wish to be able to swap the card from one digibox to another as I please. I don't want to just use one box and link it to the other TV via a coax cable as the picture is crap and you loose stereo.

Is there any way in fooling my 2nd digibox into thinking its got the ID of my main box? The 2nd box is a Pace.

Cheers

Jem

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-May-02 AT 02:23 PM (GMT)]Don't think that there's much help to be offered on this one Jem, when the card is initialised, it adopts the identification of the Digibox it is being paired with. I don't think that there is any way that a card can be paired to two boxes, so that only leaves the changing of box serial number to be considered. I'm sure that it may be technically possible, but probably not without pretty expert knowledge and equipment.

You are of course aware that several encrypted channels seem to fall outside the security pairing and will operate on any box with any card.

Rolf

H

hacker999

old anloge could.. little plug in to 2 leads cards<<
as to sky dig .. no way
as sky card is ony for that box only.
((( can use for bbc etc free to air.. >>

B

brophy

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-May-02 AT 01:34 AM (GMT)]m8 got a second digi box off of my uncle along with the dish conected the other one up in my room. only have the free to air channels on his card but when i bring my card from my box downstairs that i have the full package on and put it in my box upstairs i have all channels except sky sports and the movies. so it should work but only as long as u dont want to watch the films and sports.

hope this helps

brophy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You sure it works on the BBC channels Brophy, they don't normally?

Rolf

B

brophy

sorry m8

everything else except the movies, sky sports 1-3, and bbc 1 + 2

sorry bout forgetting bbc.

cheers rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-May-02 AT 09:24 PM (GMT)]No problem Brophy, there are occasionally some anomalies on card performance and its always interesting to hear if one occurs.

Rolf