One dish, how many feeds?

My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, quattrro and m/s for 28.2, singles for 19.2 and 23.5. Sky HD and Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Berkshire, UK
Hi,

I live in a block with about 20 flats, most have a single feed for sky. We want sky plus so require 2 feeds but have been told that there aren't enough feeds for us to have a second. Also we can't have another dish so what are our options? I assume we have a multiswitch, can we buy another and add that or do we need to buy a bigger switch than there is currently, if there are x amount of switches already we need to replace a switch with a bigger one etc.

When we had our sky "installed" (paid £85 to have a wall plate changed...) the guy said upgrading the multiswitch would "cost loads" so am after a bit more info

Many thanks
Adam

moosegoose

bog standard
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
i take it the sky bloke replaced the single uhf socket with a diplexed sky and uhf .which means the terestrial and sky are coming down a single feed from multiswich .so if theres no redundacy on the switch its unlikely someones going to give up there feed for you.could u not fit a dish on balcony.or through south facing window its been done before.not sure but it should work through glass.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When Sky officially release their Single Cable Router system, then it should be possible for you to enjoy Sky +, as a single cable will be able to support four separate tuners, but firstly you will need the new SCR enabled digiboxes and secondly it isn't going to be a cheap solution.

If there is spare capacity on the multiswitch, then you could use a Stacker/Destacker, but all of these things need doing by the company who installed/maintain the system, otherwise you could end up causing problems for the whole block.

Robbo

Super Moderator
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Some info about multiswitches here _http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/multiswitch.htm

or you could try one of these:-

_http://www.leisurepower.co.uk/acatalog/sweety_43_sm_Satellite_Dish.html