Only getting some channels

triumph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 1m dish h to h
My Location
uk
Hi
My motorised dish got knocked out of line in the gales last week and I've just got round to fixing it. The problem is although I have realigned it and can see a signal on 13e. 19.2 and on 28.2 on my meter. Progdvb only shows signal strengths on some channels these give a good picture but other channels, that worked fine before, now show no sig strength and no picture. For instance Multvision is fine but nothing at all on TPS. I'm confused....any ideas?
Regards Barry

(Metronic motorised dish & Skystar 2)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
What happens if you re scan the satellites with ProgDVB I wonder ??

L.:)

triumph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 1m dish h to h
My Location
uk
Thanks for the reply
I have deleted my old progdvb and reinstalled the latest version and done a scan on 28.5 and found plenty of channels both horizontal and vertical including all the Sky movies sport etc but no BBC or ITV (except ITV play)
Regards Barry

triumph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 1m dish h to h
My Location
uk
Further to my previous I have now done a scan of Hotbird which has found many channels but not multivision or TPS . Signal level on the channels found is between 45 & 70% so I think the dish is aimed right
regards Barry

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
firstly you need to check that all of the transponder frequencies are present in your list, then if they are, try scanning an individual transponder for the missing channels, you will possibly find that your alignment is not as spot on as you think.

triumph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 1m dish h to h
My Location
uk
Thanks Rolfw, I have checked that the missing transponders are in the channel list and also entered the parameters in manually and done a scan of for instance the TPS trans on 10.758 V 27500 and found nothing, no signal strength shown at all. other transponders on nearby frequencies are ok.
Regards Barry

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
triumph said:
Hi
My motorised dish got knocked out of line in the gales last week and I've just got round to fixing it. The problem is although I have realigned it and can see a signal on 13e. 19.2 and on 28.2 on my meter. Progdvb only shows signal strengths on some channels these give a good picture but other channels, that worked fine before, now show no sig strength and no picture. For instance Multvision is fine but nothing at all on TPS. I'm confused....any ideas?
Regards Barry

(Metronic motorised dish & Skystar 2)

Check your ELEVATION m8 i had this problem and moved dish up on elevation 100% now

deep joy dave

triumph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 1m dish h to h
My Location
uk
thanks Guys
After an afternoon on the garage roof I have got it all working again. Took every thing down and started again. As Dave says I think the main problem was the elelvation
Thanks Barry