Opinion on this package

T

thuynh7

Hi all I tried to install a satellite myself and have got nowhere and it's becoming a bit annoying. Also it's starting to like a bit of an eye-sore for my neighbours as it's only about 3meter high at the front of my house.

However a guy I've been speaking to, has offered me his services and properly install it for me, with TK brackets, pole and launch high in the sky, out of the way.

This is the deal he has offerd me:-

* a set of TK bracket & 2m pole
*shield anchor bolts for fixing brackets
* 88 cm dish
*LNB (univesal)
*Stab motor 100
*cabling
*technomate tm1500ci + supper, one CAM slot and a
card reader.

And installation of the whole thing.

His price is £320, what are your opinion on this deal, good or bad??

thanks all

cableman

Reaction score
thuynh7 said:
Hi all I tried to install a satellite myself and have got nowhere and it's becoming a bit annoying. Also it's starting to like a bit of an eye-sore for my neighbours as it's only about 3meter high at the front of my house.

However a guy I've been speaking to, has offered me his services and properly install it for me, with TK brackets, pole and launch high in the sky, out of the way.

This is the deal he has offerd me:-

* a set of TK bracket & 2m pole
*shield anchor bolts for fixing brackets
* 88 cm dish
*LNB (univesal)
*Stab motor 100
*cabling
*technomate tm1500ci + supper, one CAM slot and a
card reader.

And installation of the whole thing.

His price is £320, what are your opinion on this deal, good or bad??

thanks all
Well if all the gear is new and well installed, it looks like a good deal with a popular (for good reason) choice of receiver. My thinking is this, Let's say:
Receiver £115, Dish £35, LNB £12, Motor (here I'm not sure) say £65, odds and sods £8,Dish mounting components say £15. So that's £250 for materials and £70 for labour. Sounds like a good square deal to me, if it is done well. But wait for more replies, don't take my word for it, as I think there are some veterans with loads more experience of all this than me, on this forum!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not really, looks like a very good deal, I would only have repeated what cableman said. :)

Montana_Tony

Reaction score
cableman said:
Well if all the gear is new and well installed, it looks like a good deal with a popular (for good reason) choice of receiver. My thinking is this, Let's say:
Receiver £115, Dish £35, LNB £12, Motor (here I'm not sure) say £65, odds and sods £8,Dish mounting components say £15. So that's £250 for materials and £70 for labour. Sounds like a good square deal to me, if it is done well. But wait for more replies, don't take my word for it, as I think there are some veterans with loads more experience of all this than me, on this forum!

well i got it TM 1500 CI + Super £110 Dish £25 LNB £15, Motor £50 Dish Mounting came with it, Labour was £60 total £260

but depends where you stay, this price is for London or Birmingham.

Tony

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
it's all about having ago yourself you benefit from it later watching and thinking what a good job you did.it takes all the fun out of it when somebody else fits it for you thats part of the deal the fun you have fitting it.if i am having a go anybody can do it.