ORBIT network on Badr 26E

*InOrbit*

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x SeaTel 6003 (Gyro Stabilized 150cm Dish)
1 x Quattro Linear LNB
4 x Xtreme U-cas (Kaon?)
1 x Triax TMS 9x8P Diseq
1 x TAC 92 Tracking Unit
4 xT-rex Twin Module
4 x Dual CA (Irdeto&Conax)
2 x Conax Technicam CX
My Location
Worldwide
Hi.

I've got a Xtreme U-cas digital tuner, all sorts of cams, but I guess the greatest one is the T-Rex Twin Module.

I don't know alot about this stuff so bare with me:-)

At the moment I'm locked on to Badr 26E. (I'm on a ship outside Libya). I was wondering how I could encrypt Orbit with my T-rex cam.....do I need to program it? I have had it in the tuner and I can access some kind of menu where I can enter codes. Will this do, or do I have to buy more equipment and learn how to program the cam or a card? If I only need to enter codes, where would I get ahold on them?. I have found a key for Orbit on rdi-files.com. It says that it is for Biss, but I had a look on Lyngmarks pages and they say that Orbit is encrypted with Videoguard.......I'm a bit confused

Hope someone can give me some pointers:-)

Cheers from all of us on board:-)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You dont decrypt it - you buy an Orbit subscription with the sim card glued inside the box.

You want it = you pay for it

you dont want to pay = you do without.

lp_meteora

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
D-Smart [Türksat + HotBird]

Dreambox [Eutelsat 7 + Türksat + Astra 19 + Eurobird 28]
My Location
Turkey, Izmir
Hi. I wanted to subscribe to Orbit, but to have Orbit; you have to pay the first 6 months as a whole which is expensive for me to that.

So, i found a Humax Xd 300 Orbit Receiver from a friend; who sells it to me for 85 $.

What do you suggest me? If i buy the Humax receiver of Orbit; will i regret? Is it any different from the Philips (new one) ?

And can i add the channels to Orbit receivers from up to 3 satellites as i have Turksat; Hotbird and Arabsat?

Thanks for the suggestions from now. :)

omar123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
neotion box
My Location
saudia
hi
i think u should by digitall sat which work with sharing { dsl} like dream box or same one
best regard

SatAdvisor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Collective Dish
My Location
Middle East
Be carefull guys: A few months ago, Orbit has moved away from Arabsat DTH satellites at 26°E where you find more than 250 channels in Free-to-Air mode, onto an old Eutelsat nearby bird (EuroBird-2) where there are only a few cheap basic channels to watch. EB2 having a restricted and less powerful coverage of the Middle East than the BADRs, that's the main reason why you might experience trouble tuning on Orbit PayTV package properly. -- Hope this will help some of you; Rgds,

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
SatAdvisor said:
Be carefull guys:

Perhaps you should have looked at the post date before replying, this thread is 11 months old so would be out of date by now

lp_meteora

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
D-Smart [Türksat + HotBird]

Dreambox [Eutelsat 7 + Türksat + Astra 19 + Eurobird 28]
My Location
Turkey, Izmir
SatAdvisor said:
Be carefull guys: A few months ago, Orbit has moved away from Arabsat DTH satellites at 26°E where you find more than 250 channels in Free-to-Air mode, onto an old Eutelsat nearby bird (EuroBird-2) where there are only a few cheap basic channels to watch. EB2 having a restricted and less powerful coverage of the Middle East than the BADRs, that's the main reason why you might experience trouble tuning on Orbit PayTV package properly. -- Hope this will help some of you; Rgds,

In here; EuroBird 2's signals are better than the Badr ones.

SatAdvisor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Collective Dish
My Location
Middle East
lp_meteora said:
In here; EuroBird 2's signals are better than the Badr ones.

Of course, Turkey is right at thecenter of the EB-2 beam (!) that has been tilted towards the Gulf.
However, my remark was essentially aimed at Arab viewers as vast part of thei territory is either not covered at all (Morocco, Algeria) or only partially (Tunisia, Lybia, Yemen, Sudan), or covered with rapidly degrading power (KSA, UAEs, Oman,...).

SatAdvisor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Collective Dish
My Location
Middle East
Topper said:
Perhaps you should have looked at the post date before replying, this thread is 11 months old so would be out of date by now

Of course I had indeed seen the rather old date of the original message as it was precisely dated of when this shift happened.
However, as nothing has changed from the technical perspective since then, and because there is still a large number of people who do believe the Orbit channels are still broadcasted from 26°E on a young and healthy sat, when they're actually beamed from 25.5°E by a quite ageing one, I then figured it might be of interest for some of this sites' readers to be updated on this so that they stop thinking their reception equipment doesn't work well. -- All the best guys,