Advice Needed OScam CS + Mgcamd Emu - Problem

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india
Dear friends I am using a Conax card in which some channels are detected as DC and some Seca encrypted, however its a fake detection and actually its conax. But emulators get confused and channel is not decoded. Conax ones are ok on same emu.

Mgcamd solved the problem if provided with a replace.list for the caids that are detected as seca or DC.

My setup : DM 800HD
Oscam reads local card.
Mgcamd connects OScam to decode channels.

The problem :
MGcamd is sure to crash on some selected channels (well they are mostly conax ones). Restarting the emu (Mgamd) is the only solution then.

Thus I wish someone helps me to connect OScam as CS + some other emu that can handle the said fake encryption (seca and DC). Maybe GBox can help. Please note that my card is paired one.
tongue.gif

Thanx in advance !

WinRxp102

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM500, etc
My Location
Romania
So OScam and MGcamd are running on different devices?

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dish Tv Zenega STBs | 1 DM 800 HD Clone | 180 cm TX Rx Fibre offset Dish Antenna |
My Location
india

WinRxp102

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM500, etc
My Location
Romania
I dont know what smartcard you are using and for sure i do not own that kind of smartcard so my advice is pure theoretical.

My opinion is that you do not need MGcamd. You can use only OScam with DVBapi enabled. For card CAiD replacement you can do the same settings in the file oscam.dvbapi .

oscam.dvbapi example:

M: 0400 0500:123456 # map CAID 0400 to provider ID 123456 with CAID 0500 always
P: 0100:123456 # prioritise CAID 0100 with provider 123456
P: :1234 # prioritise ECM with provider ID 1234 on on any service
P: 0200 # prioritise CAID 0200
P: 0300::9ABC # prioritise CAID 0300 on service 9ABC only
I: :654321 # ignore provider ID 654321 for every service
I: 0 # ignore every CAID that was not handled before
D: 0600 200 # wait 200 ms before writing CW for CAID 0600
L: 0700 8e # ECM length for CAID 0700 to 8e (hexa)

More info about oscam.dvbapi file can be found here: http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en/Config/oscam.dvbapi

A nonymous

Reaction score
OSCam will cycle through all the encryption methods available until it finds the right CW to open the package. Which ever one opens the fastest is usually the one it uses.

I use OSCam on my receiver in the bedroom which decodes off my subscriber card in my box in the living room. Its not uncommon for it to sometimes take the CW from my brothers card in his box over 5 miles away.

Once you have set the priorities and ignor settings in oscam.dvbapi you won't have any issues. MGCamd isn't a bad emu but it struggles with decoding two streams at the same time so it makes it pretty pointless if you have a twin tuner receiver. It also cannot directly read cards without the help of OSCam or NewCS.

The only good thing i find with MGCamd is that it is fairly easy to setup and can run on STi CPU based boxes. If you only want to use one emu i would use either OSCam or CCCam.

Nano

mehra

SATELLITE SNIFFER
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
india
Thanks for replies, friends. Mapping caids in oscam.dvbapi also could not help. The channels having double encryption and Seca ones don't open. Max. good will happen that only audio would appear leaving the screen black. Only conax channels are clear open. I m using Dish TV India conax paired card. Any inputs please ?? Card is 0b00:000000.
Thanx.