Just Sharing This Osmc - Vero. 4K iptv box.

A

Archive-8

Watching tv last night, I wasn’t able to change the picture size from 4:3 to 16:9 full screen on the official plex app. Tried using my Xbox one, and that had the same problem with screen size.

I was left only with one option, to install kodi from the tv’s App Store, then I was able to load the official plex app for kodi :) now I am able to watch my media in full screen:D

Started watching a file with Dolby Digital, the tv wasn’t passing the signal to my av amp.

So I tried a raspberry pi running osmc:) it’s working great, full screen and with Dolby Digital.

So I went to the official website for osmc looking for an update as the card I have flashed is and old version, and found the Vero 4K box, £119 in shipping.

6F4E73C3-4B65-4E29-A94F-884B89021A31.jpeg 64BDC97E-BAFB-4C0F-B648-5FF489117BE9.jpeg

Tech spec:-

• Quad Core 1.6Ghz 64-bit processor
  • 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC storage [1]
  • Built in 802.11 ac/n/g/b WiFi with Bluetooth 4.0
  • IR and RF receiver
  • 2x USB 2.0 ports
  • micro SD card slot
  • 3.5mm analogue audio output
  • Optical (SPDIF) audio output
  • HDMI 2.0 with CEC (control your Vero 4K with your TV remote)
  • Dynamic Refresh Rate adjustment (with 23.976/24p support)
  • Fast Ethernet
  • 4K, H265, HDR10 ready
  • Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 2cm / 3.5 x 3.5 x 0.75 inches
  • Weight: 140 grams / 5 oz
It should be with me next week, so fingers crossed.

Vero - OSMC

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Aren't Vero the company that make stripbord?

A

Archive-8

It’s been running for a couple of days now, I had one teething issue, that was my fault I had set the 4K output to 25 when it should have been 60 :-doh

Once I sorted that out it’s been great :D using the osmc, Plex plugin to view my recordings on my nas, via hdhomerun and Plex DVR.

Only I can’t use the watch live tv option, I have to use the Plex app on a compatible device (Xbox one/360 roku, amazon tv stick etc)

Via the osmc plugin I lose the watch later function from the bbc Iplayer again you need the app for that.

All I need to make this a complete solution is sat-ip.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
What is the OS on this? Android?

A

Archive-8

The Vero 4K is running osmc Download - OSMC

Runs on all raspberry pi models, Vero 4K and Apple TV gen 1.

They also have a load of pre compiled img’s.

I believe it to be a debian based.

A

Archive-8

Once you’re up and running with an img head to my osmc, and install the samba server and any updates.

Than I added the official plex addon along with the hdhomerun add on, they are part of the official osmc addons included in the addon’s repository.