other satellites

sfoster76uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
novice i need to learn a lot
My Location
north east england
is it possible to get other satellites than astra and hotbird with 60 cm dish????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but may be limited channels, I'm not from the NE, so better that someone form that area advises you as to what is available.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
hi,

i'm from hartlepool, which sats are you after because with 60cm usually sky, astra 1 and the hotbird are suitable for that size dish, but as a rule a bigger dish would be needed for the others.

sfoster76uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north east england
i don't really know any satellites i'm a complete novice

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
sfoster76uk said:
i don't really know any satellites i'm a complete novice

In that case perhaps you had better have a look here and browse from 60 East to 60 West, although in reality you would probably not get that sort of spread from East to West for reasons of line of site etc

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
im from north east (Teesside) and just about to get an 80cm dish with motor set up in next week, from what i heard my dish is suitable for astra 1, 2, hotbird, cirus, hespasat, turksat etc.

ill let you know how it goes and what i can pick up.

sfoster76uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north east england
i am now thinkinking about getting a 1m motorised dish would i find this ok with a echo 1200 viaccess receiver to get a load of satellites???

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
yes a 1m is defo suffice, people recommended i get this 80cm for what i need but ill wait and see what happens. Im hoping that i somehow managed to get hold of arabsat for the arab sports next season but i shall see

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
sharkadder,

if you can make it a 1.1 triax or some other type of dish because you might not get all the turksat channels, i use to have a motor behind an 88cm dish and yes i could get a lot of the sats, but there was times when it was windy some of the channels on turk used to break up, if you take into account of the weather conditions up in the north you will need bigger than the 88cm, i now keep my dishes on the ground and even one in my back bedroom which is the spare room.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
and one other piont you wont get the arab sat with 8o or 88cm dish i always struggled with that sized dish although now i use a dish on a pole in the garden which is an 88cm triax, i get the mbc channels 58% which are difficult to get, but i was only able to get those channels with the help of a tv right next to the dish otherwise with a meter i dont think i would have got them in, it took me well over an hour because 28e and 23e use to get in the way, believe me if you want badr from the northeast up the dish size

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
well johnwilliams i send a pm to a guy who lives near me and he says he can get ART sports from where he lives, and he lives about 4miles away. I'll have to ask what size dish he has but is ART shown on other satellites also? not just arabsat?

Also you recon i need at least a 1m or something to be able ot pick ART up for next season?

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
if you want art, the hotbird satellite has the art channels 12015 h 27500 and as far as that sat is concerned you will only need about 80 to 85cm dish, i thought you were talking about the badr sat 26e that is awkward to get, yes that has alot of arab channels but not the art channels which you want. The hotbird is easy to get. I also have the art channels, i used to watch the premiership on those channels and also i see the spanish football on aljazeera sport channels which is coupled with the art package as an all in one sat card

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thanks for that johnwillians1 see i didnt know this is how it works, i thought once you are locked onto a satellite you can get every channel from that satellite but this explains why they are in sections yeah? e.g. astra 2a,b,c,d etc.

just a mate of mine has a simular system to me but at the minute hes using a 39cm dish and he managed to get hold of hotbird one time, now his channels will be very limited yeah because of the size of his dish bt if he had a bigger dish he would be able to pick up more channel from that satellite, is this correct?

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
yes if he can get 80cm dish, that will be good for the hotbird and he will be able to get all the channels in