Over a year and still noy got the concept :S

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Anyway im struggling here..

Im going to start using usals again as im sick of "please wait whilst your dish.." everytime i change transponder :(

Anyhoo i understand all other aspects but im puzzled on this bit

Below is a multimap pic of my location.

How would i enter this in my box?? obviously i know how to press buttons and where to enter it.. but looking at the pic what would it look like once entered??

with the minus - etc..

Could someone do a dummy run on their box with my details enter and take a screenshot so i can see how its entered :(

Cheers in advanced :(

Attachments

• multimap.gif
    multimap.gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 52

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Sorry m8, just seen your post. Set everthing up as per your request, turned camera on. Bummer, blat fattery, will try later after an hours charge.
parky

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It'll depend on the receiver as to what it looks like on the screen Yeshi, a minus figure will either be put in with a minus, entered as 358 degrees, or you can toggle E/W in the box.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
rolfw said:
It'll depend on the receiver as to what it looks like on the screen Yeshi, a minus figure will either be put in with a minus, entered as 358 degrees, or you can toggle E/W in the box.

I have the tm9100..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Couldn't get the motor to work on the 9100 without locking it up on satellite search, but the settings looked like the picture below. :)

Attachments

• DSCF0491.JPG
    DSCF0491.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 43

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
Hi Yeshi
This is the screen shot from a TM500 that I am using at present.
parky

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
cheers your both stars.. going to try this later when mrs has goine bed :)

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
Yeshi said:
Anyway im struggling here..

Im going to start using usals again as im sick of "please wait whilst your dish.." everytime i change transponder :(

forgive me...but does this message happen even when you change transponder on the same satellite?

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
dasteelman said:
forgive me...but does this message happen even when you change transponder on the same satellite?

it did do yes.. until i sorted it yesterday :)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
First of all i just want to say thank you to all the people who have participated in my threads and indeed the threads i read all over the forum which have helped me over the years....

Anyway since ive been on this forum ive installed my system using the guides and what people have told me to do in posts and threads.. but iv been unable to since the first install to hit the weaker sats which i thought to my own knowledge was normal as my dish has been a varient of 80cm and 60cm.. up to 1mtr.

Anyhow i asked in this thread how to enter the usals in my box which to my knowledge would of fixed it but it didnt..

So i spent fathers day up the ladder re adjusting the dish.. which coincidently got my nowhere..

so i thought to hell with it.. do it my own way.. first off i left the motor and dish elevation how the guides informed me to..

Secondly mis aligned the dish to a random direction ..fully factory reset the box. entered the usals as per and sent the dish to 19e.. i then turned everything off and used my worsley meter to align the dish too 19e.. pluged back in.. sent the dish to 45w/ and bam.. signal is rock solid.. no breakup on all channels.. sent it back to 28e and the same again.. im also getting signals from 16e which ive never been able to hit at all using my motor,.

now im not even getting bleed over from 7e on the 5e sat... im getting signals on all posible sats in this region without a single breakup on any channel..

Now the reason i wasnt getting good signals in my opinion is because i couldnt get a perfect signal on thor1w but when send the dish to 1w now i get perfect signals :-doh! weired :S

So to recap ive not aligned my dish using thor but astra 19e instead .. how weired..

And also added a inverto 0.2db lnb :-worship

Thanks again.. and thanks for reading my crap...

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If it's worked out OK for you m8 well done and enjoy your viewing.
parky