P2P groups

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I have to say that as a new arrival to the P2P scene I`m slightly surprised at what i`ve found.

I`ve tried WinMX and Kazaalite and found both to be VERY slow and in many cases I`ve been unsuccessful in downloading files.

on kazzalite last night it took over an hour to download a 6 minute mpeg. that can`t be right can it? i`m afraid my patience doesn`t hold out for that long.

anybody any comments on the P2P scene. I`m interested in the general concensus of opinion

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
It's been said on here before BRD, but I wouldn't trust Kazaa at all, not even Kazaa lite,
as you could end up downloading viruses, trojans, spyware, and invariably programmes that don't work.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The other option is Bittorrent, but that can also vary in speed.

K

kalamar

I give up ! I have downloaded over 50 mp3's today alone with Agent ! so guess I cant help you if you dont try harder, its as simple as falling off a log !

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
there are all sorts of combinations when it comes to falling off a log my friend but i need to get on the bloody thing first ! :)

i didnt intend for this thread to be advice on where to download, more a general chitchat about P2P.
i read so much about those kind of forums and i`ve seen all the warnings and all that and im just surprised that theyre not actually that user friendly and the success rate for downloading is rubbish and when it isnt rubbish it seems to be awful slow.

like most things i dabble with im not awfully interested in the end result i just like to experiment. thats why im looking at the various options.
the mp3s i have downloaded i havent even burned to disk yet.

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
i dont have prob with winmx, on 1mb link, a song canbe DL in 3 mins (britney or eamon)