P2P verified links

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If any of you are dogged off with getting bad movie and other downloads from Kazaa, morpheus and the like, go to Sig2dat ,download the program and then go to the Fastrack forum , there is a section for verified films, software and music, you can either copy the link or press the URL to insert it into sig2dat and that will then insert it into your Kazaa download list.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Of course, you're actually getting the bad movies/music/etc not from "kazaa" or any other third party, but from some dickhead somewhere who has not even bothered to verify the files he's sharing. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have MP3s on their hardisk that end abruptly, jump, have crap at the beginning, or whatever. I can only imagine they download all this stuff in their sleep and never actiually listen to it.

I was after a particular Mike Oldfield track recently. It took me SIX attempts to find one that didn't have a jump at a particular point. That's at least six people who have never bothered to listen to it, or who don't mind their music being unlistenable. Or maybe they have, but they couldn't be bothered to remove the damaged version. It's very frustrating... especially for those of us who pay per minute online with relatively slow modem connections....

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes that's right, but it also protects against the bad file seeding being carried out by the record and film companies now. It also shows you the video quality, so at least you can make a judgement before wasting all of your bandwidth.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
bad file seeding? What's that all about then?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Suprised you haven't heard about it 2old, there are a lot of MP3 files which purport to be the real thing, but are in fact a continuous loop of part of the advertised song. They are creating them and making them the same length as the bootleg copy, i would guess to try and clog the network. It is also rumoured that many of the dialer files have originated from similar sources. They cannot immitate the hashing however , as it is unique to a file's properties.